Help! Russell Hobbs Bread Maker Shaft Seized

BML

Reaction score
My daughter has given me a Russell Hobbs Bread Maker and I was just about to attempt my first use of it when I thought it would be worth looking it over so I lifted the loaf tin out, turned it upside down, looked at the shaft and it appeared to be seized. My only thought is that maybe WD 40 might help but I would welcome any comments before I do that.

Reaction score
What makes you think it's seized? I only ask as I used to have a bread maker and wasn't able to move the mechanism under the tin at all by hand but it worked perfectly fine.

BML

Reaction score
I looked at the shaft that activated the paddle and it was corroded with rust, tried to move it with my hand and it was solid. I’ve now dosed it with WD 40 and at the same time contacted Russell Hobs and asked if its possible to buy a replacement Bread/Dough holder.

Reaction score
I looked at the shaft that activated the paddle and it was corroded with rust, tried to move it with my hand and it was solid. I’ve now dosed it with WD 40 and at the same time contacted Russell Hobs and asked if its possible to buy a replacement Bread/Dough holder.
Rust? That's really bad. They should be offering you a new product really. I hope you get it sorted.

Ask a Question