Recommendations for Home Baking Scales

Reaction score
Awhile back, I bought a kitchen scale so I could weigh my ingredients. It isn't fancy, but it does the job. I'm considering upgrading the scale since I would like to have better resolution. What brands of scales have you used that would be good to use for home baking?

Reaction score
Awhile back, I bought a kitchen scale so I could weigh my ingredients. It isn't fancy, but it does the job. I'm considering upgrading the scale since I would like to have better resolution. What brands of scales have you used that would be good to use for home baking?

The My Weigh KD 8000

Hands down the best kitchen scale and favorite home scale among pastry chefs and bakers. And it’s in a lot of commercial kitchens as well.

Some features I love:

Very Accurate

Metric and US units

Removable platform for easy cleaning

Splatter shield

Baker’s percentages function

Auto off feature can be disabled

More important, big display and the design of scale is such even with a really large bowl, you can see the display!!!!

https://myweigh.com/product/kd8000/

I would not buy it on Amazon since Amazon is full of counterfeits. This is the list of retailers from the Manufacturer’s website. Fortunately the manufacturer doesn’t sell directly to the consumer.

https://myweigh.com/usa-locations/

Reaction score
Forgot to mention you can also purchase an adapter to plug it in if you don’t want to use batteries. Or if your batteries burn out in the middle of baking.

I think one of the retailers on the list includes the adapter with the scale.

Ask a Question