Sfincione

Discussion in 'Savory' started by Random, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Random

Random Member

[​IMG]
    Sfincione or sicilian new years pizza. I was looking for a recipe for Utica tomato pie when I came across this recipe on serious eats. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/sfincione-sicilian-new-years-pizza-with-bread.html

If course I had to make it. The hard part was finding the caciocavalo cheese. Lucky for me that my wife works at an Italian grocery! The results were delicious! The only change I will make is to use way less brad crumb next time.

Also, I'm still looking for a good Utica tomato pie recipe.

Random, Feb 2, 2018
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Random

Becky Administrator

I've never heard of this before! What was it like? I imagine that with both the base and the breadcrumb topping it has the potential to be quite dry, is that right or does the rich filling compensate for that?

Becky, Feb 3, 2018
    Random likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Random

Random Member

This description from Serious Eats is why I decided to try and make this. I couldn't describe it any better. It came out perfect, with the exception that I used way too much bread crumbs which did make it a bit 'sandy'? Next time ill use way less breadcrumb and it should be perfect.

Random, Feb 3, 2018
    Becky likes this.
  4. Random

Becky Administrator

My mouth is watering!! :D

Becky, Feb 4, 2018
    Random likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question