Today's challenge :)

Reaction score
My mum has friends who run a home-made Welsh fudge company (called Eboni ac Eifori if you're interested). They also make marshmallow pops (Marshmallows dipped in Belgian chocolate and then decorated with various things). Recently, they saw some of the cupcakes I make for my mum to take to market, and asked if I could make the toppers for their pops, only smaller. I thought 'Yeah.. okay.. Sounds fun, like a challenge'.

To begin with, they want 500 little sheep and 500 little pigs... :O Here's a photo of the first layer in the box..
View attachment 55

To give you an idea, each one is made from coloured fondant icing and is about the size of a penny.. (1cm ish)
It's bonkers. Time consuming but I'm getting there.. :D

They may also want little bumble bees and ladybirds, as well as Christmassy things when the time comes..
Apologies for the awful photo quality.. I took it on my phone because I can't find my camera..

So what has been your challenge for today? Decorating, or otherwise? :)

Reaction score
Your attachment doesn't seem to be working, do you think you could re-upload it?

Just had a look at the website and it looks yummy! Bet it must be great knowing people who make so many yummy treats! ;)

Reaction score
Sorryy. I tried to upload it straight off my mobile.. Let's try again :)
2013-07-07 13.16.48.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-07-07 13.16.48.jpg
    2013-07-07 13.16.48.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 525
Reaction score
Wow these are cute but I'm not sure I have the patience to make all these...lol No challenges for me yet today. Its' only 5 in the morning and other than making coffee, I haven't had to challenge myself :)

Reaction score
Those are really cute! My hats off to anyone who has the patience to make these though seems a bit tedious.. but if you enjoy it I'm sure the work doesn't seem like a big deal. I would need alot of helpers to assist me.

Reaction score
WOW! They are so small and intricate! You must have been seeing little pig and sheep faces in your sleep after doing all of those...! ;)

Reaction score
I love those sheep! I saw a cute sheep cupcake design somewhere that had mini marshmallows as the wool, are they going on top of anything like that? Also, what are they made out of?

Makes me wish I was in Wales so I could try one :( :(

Reaction score
It is a bit tedious, but I just put some music on and get on with it.. It's not too bad. :) Plus, I often have a break to come on here and check out what's been happening in my absence :D

I love those sheep! I saw a cute sheep cupcake design somewhere that had mini marshmallows as the wool, are they going on top of anything like that? Also, what are they made out of?

Makes me wish I was in Wales so I could try one :( :(

They're going on top of marshmallow pops, which are decorated similar to how you think. They're dipped in white Belgian chocolate, and have white mini marshmallows stuck all round them, (with 4 darker coloured ones for feet), then the face is put on afterwards. The pigs, I believe, are just dipped in white chocolate coloured pink with food colouring. I think a Smartie or some liquorice type sweet is used for the tail.
They're just fondant icing, bought coloured (I could colour it myself, but why bother.. :p ) The black in the eyes, I have a food-colouring pen,-thing. I had been painting them on with a tiny brush, but this seemed a worthy investment, as it's just "Dab. Dab. done" now, lol!

Thanks everyone.. :D Anyone got any interesting challenges for the day? :)
Me, I'm just trying to keep cool.. this heatwave's really starting to get to me now :(

Reaction score
I would love to see pictures of the finished pigs and sheep! Are they sold online?

Our heatwave here in New York City is supposed to break sometime today. I'm hoping for a big dramatic thunderstorm and downpour to wash away the heat and humidity. In a couple of days, when the temperature is expected to get down into the '70s and even high '60s, I'm planning to make the triple chocolate oatmeal cookies I posted elsewhere on this forum to celebrate. (I even have black cocoa powder on the way!) Here's hoping yours ends soon too!

Reaction score
Those are great!!! I agree, too tedious for my liking. But what a great accomplishment when you are done!
You are very talented

Ask a Question