What equipment gathers dust in your home?

Reaction score
Equipment is great; it's always a promise of something more convenient, faster, stronger, more precise. However, a lot of equipment ends up gathering dust -- for us, it's a breadmaker we got when a friend was moving (I'm still unsure how it even works; it looks like a monster of a machine and not too recent!) and a juicer. I love homemade juice! I love chucking whatever I have in there and getting fresh juice out of it. It has also served me well in my baking by providing orange juice or other puréed juice for cupcakes and the likes. However, the cleaning is simply not worth it. Hence, it's hidden somewhere, out of sight. We don't sell it, though. In case.

What old things do you hide in your cupboards but rarely get a use out of? Why?

Reaction score
I've had a few juicers in the past too, and whilst I love the taste of fresh juice, and the different combinations of drinks I came up with, the cleaning was such as chore that it took most of the fun out of it!! So I gave up on juicers for a while after that.

Because I like smoothies so much, I bought a Nutri-Bullett recently, and this is really easy to clean, and makes the smoothies so smooth that it's like having juice. Two for the price of one in a way. ;)

Reaction score
I rarely use my blender. I will keep it because I will use it, just not often. I also rarely use an electric mixer, though I do need to that as well. I don't make toast anymore so my room mate is the only ine using that.

Reaction score
EVERYTHING! Seriously, I live close to a busy street and I have the time of my life trying to keep up with the dust. I honestly don't know it has anything to do with the street but somehow I can't keep up with the dust and I am constantly where it comes from.

I am never ever comfortable picking up anything and using it without rinsing or washing. Even when it comes from the cupboard. Some might see me as paranoid but it's just my thing.

I am fresh out of wiping down all my kitchen counters. I have declared a war on dust.

Reaction score
My pastry dough cutter gathers dust because I don't make pie crust often.
The pastry cutter is that thing you use to cut butter and flour together.

Reaction score
An old juicer my mom bought a while ago. That thing has been accumulating dust for a while, lol. We no longer juice, sadly :( It's just that thing is so darn big and it's too much work to get it clean, even if we just made one glass of juice. Plus I believe this juicer wastes a lot fruit/veggies... gets a lot veggies and fruit for a single glass of juice.

Reaction score
I've had a few juicers in the past too, and whilst I love the taste of fresh juice, and the different combinations of drinks I came up with, the cleaning was such as chore that it took most of the fun out of it!! So I gave up on juicers for a while after that.

Because I like smoothies so much, I bought a Nutri-Bullett recently, and this is really easy to clean, and makes the smoothies so smooth that it's like having juice. Two for the price of one in a way. ;)

Totally hear you, lol. I love juices, but now instead of juices I drink smoothies... specially in the mornings. Because cleaning the blender is way easier than cleaning that huge juicer my mom bought for us some years ago! It's a shame, but I ended up dreading making juice with that juicer, because I knew I had a lot work to do after that cleaning everything... from the dispenser to the blades of the darn thing!

Reaction score
EVERYTHING! Seriously, I live close to a busy street and I have the time of my life trying to keep up with the dust. I honestly don't know it has anything to do with the street but somehow I can't keep up with the dust and I am constantly where it comes from.

I am never ever comfortable picking up anything and using it without rinsing or washing. Even when it comes from the cupboard. Some might see me as paranoid but it's just my thing.

I am fresh out of wiping down all my kitchen counters. I have declared a war on dust.

This. I don't know why dust hates me so, I even filter some of it. But regardless, I think I have too much metallic items and too many pieces of electronics (Dust magnets!) so I have to constantly pay attention.

Ask a Question