Refining what you use and don't use with baking equipment

Reaction score
With every new year I try and do a bit of a de-clutter -- it helps me feel more organized with life in general!

I have a lot of baking supplies that just don't get used all that much. For instance, I have about 5 different sets of measuring cups/spoons, but I use one all the time (I guess because it's my favorite and has the cutest design!) so I'm going to give the others to goodwill. Perhaps I'll keep one spare, but I certainly don't need 5 sets!

What about you? Do you ever go through your equipment and weed out things you no longer use or need?

Reaction score
Seems like I've stocked up a ton of baking equipment over the years. I'm sort of a hoarder when it comes to baking, so I haven't done any cleaning. The only things I'll rid of are old baking pans and the like, but I still have old things like an egg beater I bought in the 80's.

Reaction score
Seems like I've stocked up a ton of baking equipment over the years. I'm sort of a hoarder when it comes to baking, so I haven't done any cleaning. The only things I'll rid of are old baking pans and the like, but I still have old things like an egg beater I bought in the 80's.

I have my moments like that too, where it can be hard for me to get rid of things -- a lot of the time I worry that as soon as I get rid of something, I'll be needing it again and then having to fork out money to replace it! But I also get stressed out when I have too many things taking up space - I'm trying to be a bit more minimalist!

Reaction score
I still have to see what kind of gifts we have received :) I am sure there is some baking equipment over there, I will surely get rid of anything coated with teflon ;) Because I don't like that stuff in my frying pans... I definitely don't want it in my baking pans either. I will discard what I don't like (I prefer to pick my own stuff when it comes to kitchen and baking equipment).

Reaction score
I usually try to declutter once a year. But, for me, it usually happens in the summer! I think it is because my husband goes on a golf trip so I have to have something to do! LOL! My daughter usually helps me too - I think we both find it cathartic! I will need to look through my baking items though as I've had some of them for years and they may need to be replaced!

Ask a Question