Where to Find Metric Measuring Spoons

Reaction score
I have searched long and hard for metric measuring spoons to no avail. There are many with T and tsp measurements with metric equivalents stamped on them but not the other way around.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Reaction score
I have searched long and hard for metric measuring spoons to no avail. There are many with T and tsp measurements with metric equivalents stamped on them but not the other way around.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Yup. Amco Houseworks. I have two sets. I bought mine years ago but I saw some about two weeks ago at Bed Bath and Beyond. And I am most bought another set. The sets I have are very heavy duty. But I also bought mine 10+ years ago. I can’t vouch for the durability of the newer sets,

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...tainless-steel-measuring-spoon-set/1011508030

72467FF3-DB13-445B-87E0-DE7700934530.jpeg

Reaction score
Nope.

Thanks for the post but these are the type I complained about. They are in tsp and T values with metric equivalents.

Let me try again. With this set above, where are the 0.5, 1, 2, and 10 ml measures? The 1 tsp is close enough to fudge it but rest do not align. I would like to measure 1 ml or 2 ml, not 1.25 or 2.5.

Reaction score
Nope.

Thanks for the post but these are the type I complained about. They are in tsp and T values with metric equivalents.

Let me try again. With this set above, where are the 0.5, 1, 2, and 10 ml measures? The 1 tsp is close enough to fudge it but rest do not align. I would like to measure 1 ml or 2 ml, not 1.25 or 2.5.

Well of course the it is, the US uses the imperial system, so why would the US sell anything that isn’t calibrated accordingly? It wouldn’t be accurate for US measurements otherwise.

Obviously if you want one that is not calibrated for imperial you buy it out of Europe. Go to Amazon UK. It’s really that simple.

Reaction score
Didn't we get the Imperial measurement system from UK? The UK recipes I have used are always a mixed bag, flour being in grams, spices in tsp.

You ask why would the US sell anything that isn't calibrated accordingly. What is accordingly? The US has been switching to the metric system since 1975. Now our vehicles are a mixed bag of US and metric sizes so I have a full set of both kinds of wrenches. Lab work is done in SI units.

Amazon UK seems to only have Imperial measuring spoons.

Reaction score
Didn't we get the Imperial measurement system from UK? The UK recipes I have used are always a mixed bag, flour being in grams, spices in tsp.

You ask why would the US sell anything that isn't calibrated accordingly. What is accordingly? The US has been switching to the metric system since 1975. Now our vehicles are a mixed bag of US and metric sizes so I have a full set of both kinds of wrenches. Lab work is done in SI units.

Amazon UK seems to only have Imperial measuring spoons.

No the US has not been switching to metric. The only legal weights and measurements system in the US is the imperial system. That is why the only measuring cups and spoons sold in US are based on imperial. It’s also why all recipes in US are written in volume and not metric weight like the rest of the civilized world. You can’t metric measuring cups and spoons in the US because it’s not the legal system of measurements here.

The UK is on the metric system. They aren’t idiots like the Americans. They adopted metric in 1965. We Americans are about the only ones clinging to the imperial system. Well, just the average Americans. All professionals in sciences, technology, baking, cooking, and just about anything that requires logical thinking uses metric.

LJD

Reaction score

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
Tupperware used to make them in a set of 1,2,5,15 and 25 ml but have not made them in years. Did you ever find a set?

Reaction score
No the US has not been switching to metric. The only legal weights and measurements system in the US is the imperial system. That is why the only measuring cups and spoons sold in US are based on imperial. It’s also why all recipes in US are written in volume and not metric weight like the rest of the civilized world. You can’t metric measuring cups and spoons in the US because it’s not the legal system of measurements here.

The UK is on the metric system. They aren’t idiots like the Americans. They adopted metric in 1965. We Americans are about the only ones clinging to the imperial system. Well, just the average Americans. All professionals in sciences, technology, baking, cooking, and just about anything that requires logical thinking uses metric.

There is and has been a govt push to convert to metric system. I worked for a company that built to US govt contracts, some called for metric, some called for Imperial. The worst part is the push to convert a complex Air Force / Navy product to metric after it was already in production.

You might search for "1975 Metric Conversion Act".

All Americans are idiots? Seems a bit smarmy.

Reaction score

Tupperware used to make them in a set of 1,2,5,15 and 25 ml but have not made them in years. Did you ever find a set?
Thanks for the note.

Never found any. I used to convert the whole recipe but nowadays I just eyeball it or fudge it. Still a couple of metric sets would be good for some of our hobbies.

Ask a Question