A nice compliment!

Reaction score
I sent some Fall themed cupcakes in to work this week with my husband - I wish I had taken a picture of them before I did! They turned out lovely - my frosting was piped perfectly, the cakes were moist (of course I tried one before I sent them in!), and I decorated the top with these little candy pumpkins and others with candy corn - so they looked super "fall" themed.

Anyway, one of the ladies my husband works with asked him if I do catering!

In no way would I do it professionally (it would make me too nervous!!) but it's always so nice to get feedback like that. Baking for others is one of the things I enjoy most about it - knowing that someone has enjoyed the taste and the appearance of my baked goodies makes me super happy!

Reaction score
Awwww, that is indeed a really nice compliment and yes!!!! I wish you had taken a picture of them so you could show them to us :( You made me super curious! I bet they were so delicious! By the way, how did you manage for them to turn out moist?

Reaction score
Awwww I did love to see them too! I'm in the search of some cupcakes inspiration and just joined this forum today! I already have a project on my hands.....responsible for planning nephew's birthday party so I'm desperate for ideas :oops:

Reaction score
Well it is really a nice compliment and I am sure the more you are having this inspiration when you are baking now. I am sure your cupcakes are really that delicious! You did a great job @cupcakechef !

Reaction score
Nice!! What a sweet compliment! I'm with you there I could never do it professionally! I'm not good enough for starters and I would get nervous and overwhelmed by all there would be to do. I'm not good under pressure either!!

Reaction score
Pictures Cupcakechef, pictures! I've never made cupcakes. I have to get the correct utensils. I am glad you got great feedback, Miss Caterer. I love a great review myself. Last night I made a banana bread and my biggest critic, my son told me it was very good.

Reaction score
Haha! It is even better when the compliments come from our kids - isn't it?! I think they are usually our toughest critics!! Although it seems my son likes everything I make because he is always hungry!! Lol :)

Ask a Question