Breadbox?

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a breadbox of some sort. Do they really help keep your homemade bread fresh? If so what kind do you have? I've seen both stainless steel and wooden ones, is one better than the other?

Reaction score
I use to have a bread box but I think it was just a huge waste of counter space for me. I gave mine away to a family member and she still has it and uses it. She has one of those old fashioned farm houses and her kitchen is huge so she has plenty of room to keep it. I liked the look of mine but it was just too bulky for me.

Reaction score
I bought a bread box a while back. I hardly ever put bread in it , because a dark, warm, stainless steel box is the perfect place for mold to grow. I suggest if you are in the market for a bread box, make sure you find one that lets in plenty of light.

Reaction score
I have a wooden bread box. I use it, but we go through bread fast. I wouldn't store bread in there for a lon amount of time. And we've been thinking of getting rid of our's too-- it is big, takes up space, and doesn't fit all the breads/bagels we usually have!

Reaction score
My mom has always kept a breadbox on her counter, and I don't know if it really kept the bread any fresher. What it did do was make the kitchen look neater, because in our family there were always at least three or four different bread products in many stages of consumption!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I don't know if it keeps it fresher, but with all the sun in my house and kitchen it keeps the bread from getting moist. Mine was a gift and I think it came from IKEA or somewhere like that. It is very pretty and wooden.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads