Contest Winning Caramel Apple Crisp

Reaction score
I have a function to go to in a few weeks, and I'm considering making this. I know others will bring main dishes and probably cupcakes and brownies, so I wanted to bring something different, and seasonal. I enjoy making crisps, and haven't made one in a while, so this might be a good way to break in my oven for Fall.

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Have you made it before or would it be a first attempt? Either way I will be rooting for you. It's not something I have experience with but it is interesting enough.

Reaction score
No, I've never made it before. I tend not to make too many elaborate dishes these days. I stick to a few tried and true favorites that I've made again and again, but occasionally, something new strikes my fancy, and since I'll be attending the event, it might give me the opportunity to test out the recipe.

Reaction score
It's always good to try out new things. I also haven't tried making one, but the last apple crisp I ate looked just like the one in the photo (from the link). And it was really good! But I think the one I ate had either dried cranberries or raisins in it. I'm not too sure. Anyway, good luck to you! I hope the recipe turns out great!

Reaction score
Oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and apples are definitely ingredients that have me thinking fall!! Something about crisps is just timely for this season if you ask me. I also just love that they're so delicious of course!

Reaction score
Apple crisps, wow, it sounds good to me. We have tried making crisps out of sweet potato but not the caramelized because we tend to burn the sugar. But the crisps are the thinly sliced sweet potato that we deep fry to elicit the crispiness of the slices. With apple crisps, I wonder how you make the apple crisp, I can't guess that you also fry it? Maybe not. But no question about the taste of that caramelized apple crisps even without a picture.

Ask a Question