Decorating ideas

Reaction score
Can anyone think of some fairly unusual decorating methods that look really effective. I always think edible rainbow glitter sprinkled over white sugar flowers looks lovely. A piece of ribbon can always hide a bad join on a cake. These two are very well known so any original ideas would be great!

Reaction score
When decorating cupcakes, if you don't want to use a lot of frosting, thin it out just a little and dip the top of the cupcake in it. Then turn the cupcake on its side and let the excess drip off. (You might need to rotate the cupcake a little to keep the coating even.) This often results in a glossy cupcake topping and looks especially good with a chocolate ganache.

Reaction score
When decorating cupcakes, if you don't want to use a lot of frosting, thin it out just a little and dip the top of the cupcake in it. Then turn the cupcake on its side and let the excess drip off. (You might need to rotate the cupcake a little to keep the coating even.) This often results in a glossy cupcake topping and looks especially good with a chocolate ganache.

This sounds like excellent advice. Especially if you have some friends and family members who don't like too much frosting! I will definitely try this when I cook my next batch of cakes! Thank you :):)

Ask a Question