Matching vs Eclectic Bakeware: Which Do You Prefer?

Reaction score
Mine does not, I like a fun colorful kitchen and do not purchase my bakeware in a set. Friends of mine like a uniform look throughout their kitchen, but I have a green kitchenaid standup mixer, silver hand mixer, bright color spatulas, etc. Do you like matching bakeware or do you prefer a more eclectic approach?

Reaction score
None of my stuff matches because I'm doing a rainbow kitchen, so I have an orange toaster, red cookware, purple coffeemaker and various colored spatulas and spoons.
I actually think it needs more color, so I'm looking around for kitchen artwork to hang up, or I might make my own.

Reaction score
Mine do, mostly, because my mom loves orange, so everything we buy for our kitchen is usually orange so most of the baking utensils I use are orange.

Reaction score
Oh my ACSAPA, that's awesome!

As for me, if we're talking about the appliances, I guess technically they match because they're all either white or black.

The bakeware itself doesn't really match because I buy all different kinds. They're mostly going to be metal or glass, but they're different brands, shapes, varieties, etc.

Reaction score
Nothing in my kitchen matches right now, but that's only because my stuff is all hand-me-down right now. As soon as I pick a theme for my kitchen, it will. It won't all be identical, but instead will sort of blend together. Right now I'm leaning toward Owls. Hopefully I can find the stuff to make that theme work for me.

Reaction score
I wish my bakeware matched! I love the cute variety of matching colors when it comes to all of my kitchenware, but sadly my kitchen is a mess of different brands and colors. I don't mind too much though- at least I have the tools I need to cook.

Reaction score
I have a variety of colors in my kitchen and I like it that way. I feel like a uniform kitchen would be boring. Bursts of color make it look more fun and inviting. Of course if you want a more mature and elegant kitchen, one color or similar colors are he way to go.

Reaction score
No, it doesn't and it drives me crazy. A lot of our kitchen equipment and bakeware are hand-me-downs from older relatives. I'd really prefer it if my toaster, my coffee maker, and my crockpot matched my electric mixer. Even my hand towels are a mish-mash of colors, styles and patterns.

My mixer is an old silver Hamilton Beach model from the mid to late 1990's. I bought it for my mom for Christmas one year. If I knew she was going to give it to me eventually, I would've gotten a better model. :p

I could really go with some silver chrome and red or blue. Colors and styles that would really stand out and say, "This is Baker Man's Kitchen. Get out of Baker Man's kitchen." o_O

Reaction score
At this point in time mismatch is the way to go when it comes my bakeware...it has grown on me and i totally love it might be sometime in the future when i have my dream house then there will be some sort of uniformity in my kitchen but as of now i love the splash of different colors as it adds vibrancy to my kitchen.

Reaction score
Mine is missing the matching and I never even gave it a thought until I saw this thread. With me baking was literally on the "back burner" until I came and elevated it's position. I have this forum to thank for that.

Even though my interest has been heightened about baking and producing more cakes etc, I am not going to rush out for any matching pieces just yet. For now it's being able to bake better and more interesting things.

Ask a Question