foodies!!!

Reaction score
What makes someone a foodie? Do you consider yourself to be one? Do you know anybody who is a foodie?

Reaction score
Personally, I think a foodie is some one who not just loves food and cooking and/or baking, but has the knowledge of a professional. A foodie could be a professional cook or baker, but isn't, either by choice or circumstance.

I am not a foodie but I have an aunt who is. I also have a friend who is very creative in making vegetarian recipes. She is someone I would call a foodie too.

Reaction score
I am not a Foodie...but I enjoy trying new recipes. I'm not the best cook or baker in the world but I LOVE finding a new recipe, (majority of the time I run across them on Pinterest) going to buy all of the ingredients and then coming home to try it out! I agree with you though...a Foodie is someone who is definitely experienced and not just trying out new things.

Reaction score
I love food. I love cooking and I'm starting to learn how to bake. I also love trying different food. I love experimenting. I'm still a newbie. I'm just enjoying what I'm doing. I'm not a foodie. I think Foodie is a big word.

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider myself to be a foodie. I think a foodie is someone who is knowledgeable of a variety of cooking techniques and ingredients. I love to cook and bake, and experiment with new recipes, or I would like to enhance or improve a traditional recipe by adding some ingredients to it, so that I add my own personal twist to it. I also love food, but I'm not a foodie.

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider myself to be a foodie. I think a foodie is someone who is knowledgeable of a variety of cooking techniques and ingredients. I love to cook and bake, and experiment with new recipes, or I would like to enhance or improve a traditional recipe by adding some ingredients to it, so that I add my own personal twist to it. I also love food, but I'm not a foodie.

Exactly, I think of foodies as those people who know all about gastropubs and sous vide cooking.

I'm not a foodie and I don't read Saveur or shop at Williams Sonoma.
I'm just a normal home cook.

Reaction score
I think the term foodie is used pretty freely here in the UK - I know a lot of people who would consider themselves to be foodies, but none of them are professionals or experts in various cooking/baking techniques. I suppose I think of a foodie as being someone who just loves food, someone who has a wide variety of tastes and is always willing to try new things - in fact they seek out things they haven't tried before.

Reaction score
I like food and baking, also trying new things. But I wouldn't consider myself a foodie. I'd have to be more into it to be on in my opinion.

Reaction score
I think its important to state that even if you don't consider your self a 'foodie' or advanced cook, that in no way diminishes your skills or knowledge, or even casual interest and experiments. I think its interesting how I posted a foodie thread and everyone responds then says 'that's not me' I'm sure, foodie or not, everyone here is fantastic in their own way, even if its just impromptu cooking/baking or tweaking tried and true recipes :)

Reaction score
I always thought a foodie was someone that liked to eat at new places all the time and then write about their experiences!!! Lol! I too love food, baking and cooking and I love to watch cooking shows! I guess in a way that makes me a foodie only because I love food!!! Haha! But I'm not an expert. I do like to try new recipes and sometimes I will be brave and try to give them my "flare". But, that is usually after I've made them once and then adjust based on how well they turn out! :)

Reaction score
I prefer to just simply say that I like to cook, and enjoy cooking. For me, "foodie" is becoming a bit of an obnoxious nickname for people who don't really know how to cook, but love to brag about everything they are eating on Facebook and other social media sites. I'll admit, it was fun posting pics of my food once in a while, but then it just started to become really annoying with all the checkins to Foursquare, and all the people gloating about duck fat fries and bacon wrapped crap. Plus it's kind of inconsiderate if you are friends with people who are going through some rough times financially and you're on there carrying on about indulging in this incredible steak dinner you're enjoying at some new hipster restaurant.

Reaction score
I don't think you have to be a pro of any kind. I believe if you have a passion for food and baking/cooking, then you're a foodie. But it looks like everyone defines it differently :)

Reaction score
The only thing that can make a foodie is if you love food.

I love deserts of all kinds and I have a crazy affection for chocolate. As long as you have a love for food then you can be considered a foodie.

Reaction score
I'm not a foodie by your definition. I wish I was though. Cooking and baking fascinates me but I hesitant to get in the kitchen and just playing around with different things because its like what if it comes out horrible and disgusting. Although, I grew up watching my aunt cook everything from scratch and it was all just amazing watching her cook. My favorite part was licking the spoon when she was baking and finally getting to eat whatever she made.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmu07

Latest Threads