No-bake Fruit Cheesecake Dilemma

MCL

Reaction score
So I want to make a no bake cheesecake which contains fruit. My first idea was to make the ground on it the cheesecake filling and than to mash peaches and nectarines together to make a sweet top layer. I realized if I want to do that I need to use gelatin and I absolutely despise the taste or rather texture gelatin makes. I tried to find away around that problem like only cutting the fruit and lay it on top but that wouldn't be sweet enough since I am going to use the fruit as sweetener. My latest idea was to divide the cheesecake filling into two parts and then mashing the fruit and combining it with one of the parts of the filling. I would then either put the no fruit filling at the bottom and the fruit filling at the top or or other way around. My question is could the filling with fruit be to fluid to work or will it be fine. I would need a answer as soon as possible.

Reaction score
So I want to make a no bake cheesecake which contains fruit. My first idea was to make the ground on it the cheesecake filling and than to mash peaches and nectarines together to make a sweet top layer. I realized if I want to do that I need to use gelatin and I absolutely despise the taste or rather texture gelatin makes. I tried to find away around that problem like only cutting the fruit and lay it on top but that wouldn't be sweet enough since I am going to use the fruit as sweetener. My latest idea was to divide the cheesecake filling into two parts and then mashing the fruit and combining it with one of the parts of the filling. I would then either put the no fruit filling at the bottom and the fruit filling at the top or or other way around. My question is could the filling with fruit be to fluid to work or will it be fine. I would need a answer as soon as possible.

1. To use fruit, dice fine, then macerate the fruit to draw out the water.

2. To make a fruit glaze without gelatin purée the fruit. Then reduce it with equal amount of sugar by weigh. You can add some tapioca starch to further thicken it if desired.

Ask a Question