Hidden surprise cookies

Reaction score
i know this is a far cry, but does anyone have the recipe for hidden surprise cookies from the 1997 Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookie magazine? My brother is deployed in Afghanistan and he desperately wants me to make some to send him. I believe I borrowed the magazine from my mom, but we also had a huge move and I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has the recipe, please please please send it my way!

Reaction score
i know this is a far cry, but does anyone have the recipe for hidden surprise cookies from the 1997 Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookie magazine?

I am trying to find by Googling. Is "Hidden Surprise Cookies" the title of the recipe or just a description of yours? Can you give me some details, like what type of cookie and what is hidden? Otherwise, I see Amazon appears to have a copy of this if you need to spring for it: https://www.amazon.com/Better-Gardens-Christmas-Cookies-Periodical/dp/B001CZGIY4

Reaction score
Reaction score
I found this forum because I am searching for the same cookie!! It used almond and vanilla extracts, and you would split the dough, making one part chocolate and one part white, that you would wrap around the chocolate part then roll in colored sugar. Will keep looking or will experiment. Thanks

Ask a Question