Have You Ever Baked A Cake With A Surprise Inside?

Reaction score
I saw a cake online with a surprise inside, and I thought to myself how very sweet and creative. I reckon I am a pretty long way off from creating any such thing. Maybe I am selling myself short yet again. Who knows. It might be nearer than I think.

I am wondering if any out there in baker's land might have produced cakes like these. Please tell and see the link.

https://www.pinterest.com/Sweetopia/surprise-on-the-inside-cakes-cupcakes/

Reaction score
Oh how I love these! Cupcakes and cakes are a cool idea with it, but I've only done the "pinata" cookies so far in terms of this method...still, they're fun to make and always a big hit. They're not very hard either, for the record ;).

Reaction score
Oh how I love these! Cupcakes and cakes are a cool idea with it, but I've only done the "pinata" cookies so far in terms of this method...still, they're fun to make and always a big hit. They're not very hard either, for the record ;).

I knew these would excite! I knew it! Especially for you veterans. I stumbled on them and could not resist sharing. It looks like a baking person's delight and I can only imagine how thrilled the kids would be with these kinds of colorful surprises.

Apparently, it is not as difficult as it might appear. For sure, I know it's not something you guys can ignore. I am expecting to see someone present one here soon. Further, I am going to be looking into preparing one myself, very soon, "for the record";)

Reaction score
Of course, there are just soo many options :). Definitely share your experience when you do, there are some fantastic tutorials and such on youtube that will walk you right through it if you're a visual person like me and prefer seeing/hearing an explanation over just reading it.

Reaction score
Of course, there are just soo many options :). Definitely share your experience when you do, there are some fantastic tutorials and such on youtube that will walk you right through it if you're a visual person like me and prefer seeing/hearing an explanation over just reading it.

I was not much of a YouTube person, but for the last few months I have been going there to answer nearly every question. I am the visual person myself. I know I would do much better with my baking if I saw it presented to me in video. Much more effective than simply reading a recipe.

Last edited:

Ask a Question