How do you make your omelette?

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed over the course of last years, is that every single cook tend to add something different to the way he makes and omelette, for example I like to put onion rings, along with cheese and very little parsley for the flavor, this is the base of every omelette of mine, after that I what based on what I have in my kitchen and what I want, I might add bacon, tuna, olives, corn, salami, sausage or ham.

Reaction score
I like use butter to prime the pan. I usually take 3 eggs wisk them. I Add some spices like lemon pepper, and some red chili powder. Once I mix that together I throw it in the pan. For the contents I add chives, tomatoes, cheese, and sometimes mushrooms.

Reaction score
I like to eat omelettes for breakfast. I usually grease a pan with coconut oil, then I whisk two eggs together in a bowl and add salt, pepper, dill weed, or whatever I feel like adding. Then I pour the eggs into the skillet and cook on one side until cooked, and then I flip it over. After it is done cooking I put grated cheese, mushrooms, sliced olives, or chopped bell peppers on it and fold it in half.

Reaction score
I like to add tortillas cut in squares, and turkey ham. Sometimes i also add onion, jalapeños and tomato :) I add a bit cheese too. Sometimes a Spanish tortilla (omelette) will do. I like mushrooms in my omelettes too, depends on my mood and cravings :)

Reaction score
I often tend to use my favorite ingredients in omelettes and quiche, which are of course eggs, plus bacon, cheese, tomatoes, and spinach. If I have bell peppers on hand I'll add those, especially red bell peppers, for a touch of sweetness.

Reaction score
I pretty much like any kind of omlette. I don't know about adding fish though. :confused:

I like Mexican omlettes, Chili Cheese omlettes, Denver omlettes, All cheese omlettes, and veggie omlettes......those are my fav's.

I like them cooked in a tiny bit of real butter, because I like the outside of the omlette to be browned and a bit crunchy.

exps5422_CS1681C29.jpg

Reaction score
I make them beautifully :) The filling is less important than the whole process of making it. I really like to use the best possible frying pan or a skillet, whatever you prefer. Anyway, after beating the eggs and adding some milk or cream ( I really do not add any) you need to heat the pan, put few drops of oil and a piece of butter and coat the bottom of the pan. Put the egg on the hot butter but mind that you need to have your stove on the medium heat because you don't want to burn your eggs. I usually grate some white cheese or even cheddar which is amazing for omelettes and flip it. It is one of the easiest recipes around and it is delicious breakfast. Try using a non stick pan.

Reaction score
I like to add tortillas cut in squares, and turkey ham. Sometimes i also add onion, jalapeños and tomato :) I add a bit cheese too. Sometimes a Spanish tortilla (omelette) will do. I like mushrooms in my omelettes too, depends on my mood and cravings :)

That's Migas , no?
One of my comfort foods.

Huny

Reaction score
I just work with anything thing I have. Onions are a MUST and after that it could be ham, cheese, spinach, parsley and even broccoli if I feel like it. This morning I had a burnt version that had very few ingredients in it.

Reaction score
I'm a weird one - I hate omelettes!

I used to ADORE them as a child. I'd ask for them over and over again...I used to love red and green peppers in them. But as an adult, I can't stand eggs - unless they're baked into something and I can't taste or see their "eggy-ness!"

Reaction score
My all time favorite omelette is just simple. First I beat the eggs in a bowl and set It aside. Then I put oil in a pan and saute onion and tomatoes and mix it to the beaten eggs. Then put a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Then cook the omelette. That's it! Easy and simple to cook and taste good! :)

Reaction score
My all time favorite omelette is just simple. First I beat the eggs in a bowl and set It aside. Then I put oil in a pan and saute onion and tomatoes and mix it to the beaten eggs. Then put a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Then cook the omelette. That's it! Easy and simple to cook and taste good! :)

That's funny - I do the exact same thing, and I love it!

Reaction score
One of my favorite dishes to eat and a good way to use up leftover veggies for me. I always beat the eggs separately, I fry my onions and mushrooms and then add the eggs and let the omelet set. I like mine well cooked, so I flip it over. Sometimes I add some sweetcorn or spinach and those can be added last minute, just before I flip.

Reaction score
I am not that good with omelettes but I always use whatever stuff I can add to an omelet. My usual omelette is one with tomatoes and cucumber but sometimes I also add cheese cubes. And when there is available meat like excess ham or spam in the fridge, that omelette would be a hit in the house. There are times that I also add some herbs particularly basil which gives the omelette a little kick.

By the way, the best for us in eating omelette is buttered toast with hot chocolate drink. That is like a tradition in this house.

Reaction score
I'm a weird one - I hate omelettes!

I used to ADORE them as a child. I'd ask for them over and over again...I used to love red and green peppers in them. But as an adult, I can't stand eggs - unless they're baked into something and I can't taste or see their "eggy-ness!"

Haha, same here! I loved omelettes as a child, and now they taste like cardboard to me. Just the sight of an omelette makes me want to hurl! :(

Reaction score
It seems like omelette was a staple childhood breakfast for some of us here. I also used to love omelettes when I was still a child but now that I'm a grown-up, my fondness for eggs seem to have lessened. I still like eating omelette every now and then though but not as often as when I was still younger.

Reaction score
I seem to go in phases when it comes to my omelettes, and my eggs in general. If I am feeling health conscious, my go to lately has been using black beans as a substitute for meat, and it is delicious. If I am feeling a little zesty, I do like having some salsa on there, as long as there are plenty of peppers. That about covers it, really, along with some cheese and pepper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads