Melissa Clark recipe book?

Reaction score
Oh I wondered about Stella’s lemon curd. It’s very unusual in that it has no butter! I have it on my list of recipes to try.

I’ve been using Pierre Herme’s recipe. I’ve made 5 batches over that past couple of months. The last batch tasted very metallic:eek: So I dumped it and made a new batch. Not sure what went wrong.

I believe Parks’ cookbook was nominated for a James Beard award. She really is an excellent pastry chef. Many cookbook authors are hesitant to talk about the science of baking for fear the readers will tune out. But Parks doesn’t hesitate to lay out the science. Rotely following a recipe will no understanding of the science will never make one a better baker. I’ve learned so much from reading her blog. I’m still learning from her.

Cookbooks are addictive. I cleared out my collection on 2006. I had over 100 cookbooks! It was a waste as the vast majority just collected dust. So I donated them. Now if think I want to purchase a cookbook, I put it on my list. I look at the chef’s available recipes. Try some out. Then if I still find their work inspirational I’ll go ahead and purchase the book.

Reaction score
It was delicious - so tangy and refreshing, and surprisingly light :)

I’ve been on a lemon curd kick since early spring. I’ve been using it in everything from tarts to fillings for cake and eclairs. Ive been wanting to do lemon meringue topped mini tarts. I’ll have to try Parks lemon curd in them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheryl N.

Latest Threads