Minnie Mouse Birthday

Reaction score
This past weekend we celebrated my niece Emma’s 7th birthday with a Minnie Mouse themed party.
I made her a cake, cupcakes, and some cookies for her party and they turned out great.
The cake is a three layer white cake with vanilla buttercream. I made 24 cupcakes that were white with vanilla buttercream as well.
99247770-7033-4F4B-91A8-BEC19A99DE31.jpeg

A2C0DFE7-3072-4E1B-B410-BDBC656B7108.jpeg

D81A7F23-763A-4D07-A96B-E8B36EB15920.jpeg

These sugar cookies I made are incredible. Everyone who ate them at the party were raving about them. They were that good.
They are Mickey Mouse shaped with a vanilla glaze on some and chocolate sizzle on the others.

(This is definitely the sugar cookie recipe I will be using for Christmas this year)

2DB28981-CC18-4EA7-8338-54F29C431027.jpeg

43AAA308-796E-43D6-90A0-EFC5EDC8942C.jpeg

D68D554D-F17B-46ED-B524-592BB6A03D10.jpeg

I also made some molasses cookies plus a really big one for my niece who loves them.

BFFB94E1-C657-4AC4-BA73-3A130EB9A9E2.jpeg

6FDC7F8A-84E2-4D7C-987B-3EC61C052C03.jpeg

It was a lot of work but the week before the party I set a schedule for myself. Like on Tuesday I made the buttercream and baked the sugar cookies. On Wednesday I baked the cakes. On Thursday I decorated the cake and cupcakes and iced the sugar cookies and on Friday I baked the molasses cookie.
I find that when I have a lot to get done I absolutely have to make myself a schedule to keep from getting overwhelmed. And to make sure everything gets done.

Reaction score
Wow, that all looks incredible!! :D

Could you share the sugar cookie recipe? Also how did you do the watercolour effect with the icing?

Reaction score
This past weekend we celebrated my niece Emma’s 7th birthday with a Minnie Mouse themed party.
I made her a cake, cupcakes, and some cookies for her party and they turned out great.
The cake is a three layer white cake with vanilla buttercream. I made 24 cupcakes that were white with vanilla buttercream as well.
View attachment 1725

View attachment 1723

View attachment 1724

These sugar cookies I made are incredible. Everyone who ate them at the party were raving about them. They were that good.
They are Mickey Mouse shaped with a vanilla glaze on some and chocolate sizzle on the others.

(This is definitely the sugar cookie recipe I will be using for Christmas this year)

View attachment 1726

View attachment 1727

View attachment 1728

I also made some molasses cookies plus a really big one for my niece who loves them.

View attachment 1729

View attachment 1730

It was a lot of work but the week before the party I set a schedule for myself. Like on Tuesday I made the buttercream and baked the sugar cookies. On Wednesday I baked the cakes. On Thursday I decorated the cake and cupcakes and iced the sugar cookies and on Friday I baked the molasses cookie.
I find that when I have a lot to get done I absolutely have to make myself a schedule to keep from getting overwhelmed. And to make sure everything gets done.

Your cake is adorable. Your piping skills are really improved too. The shapes and lines are more balanced and uniform. Nice work

Reaction score
Wow, that all looks incredible!! :D

Could you share the sugar cookie recipe? Also how did you do the watercolour effect with the icing?

Sugar Cookie Recipe:

Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes

*Does not need to be chilled and keeps shape. Perfect edges every time.

Ingredients:

•1 Cup unsalted butter
•1 Cup granulated white sugar
•1 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
•1 egg
•2 Tsp. Baking powder
•1/2 Tsp. salt
•3 Cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of you mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes.

Beat in egg and extract.

In separate bowl combine baking powder and salt with the flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff, turn out onto your countertop. Wet your hands and finish kneading the dough by hand.

DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH!
Divide into workable batches and roll onto floured surface and cut. You will want these cookies to be on the thicker side. 1/4 inch rather than 1/8 inch.

Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.

Note: The recipe called for 1 Tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 Tsp almond extract.
I absolutely hate almond extraxt so I
used 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract instead.

As for the icing,I had trouble getting the right consistency but once I had it perfect, I used food coloring ( not the gel colors) and put a couple drops of purple, pink, and blue then used a tooth pick to swirl it around a bit. Then I carefully dipped each cookie and it creates that effect.

It’s a really neat icing technique and one I will definitely use again. I think I will try it when I start Christmas baking.

Reaction score
Sugar Cookie Recipe:

Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes

*Does not need to be chilled and keeps shape. Perfect edges every time.

Ingredients:

•1 Cup unsalted butter
•1 Cup granulated white sugar
•1 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
•1 egg
•2 Tsp. Baking powder
•1/2 Tsp. salt
•3 Cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of you mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes.

Beat in egg and extract.

In separate bowl combine baking powder and salt with the flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff, turn out onto your countertop. Wet your hands and finish kneading the dough by hand.

DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH!
Divide into workable batches and roll onto floured surface and cut. You will want these cookies to be on the thicker side. 1/4 inch rather than 1/8 inch.

Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.

Note: The recipe called for 1 Tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 Tsp almond extract.
I absolutely hate almond extraxt so I
used 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract instead.

As for the icing,I had trouble getting the right consistency but once I had it perfect, I used food coloring ( not the gel colors) and put a couple drops of purple, pink, and blue then used a tooth pick to swirl it around a bit. Then I carefully dipped each cookie and it creates that effect.

It’s a really neat icing technique and one I will definitely use again. I think I will try it when I start Christmas baking.

Awesome, thank you! I might give it a try with my cookie gun, haven't used it in ages and I'd love an excuse :D

Reaction score
@Angie CupcakeQueen I've just had my niece visiting for a few days, so I was hoping to find time for the cookies then. However the weather was good so we didn't spend much time in the house! I'll just have to make them by myself :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hummingbirdpieco

Latest Threads