Moving and Renovating

Reaction score
Hello guys! I'm going to be moving in with my boyfriend soon, and we're going to remodel the house. I think it'll be really nice if you can share some ideas with flooring, countertops and great brands for kitchen appliances. I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life!

Reaction score
Depends on what you're going to be doing in the kitchen! I wouldn't make any significant investments before you know what you will be using the kitchen for and what you enjoy making.

Reaction score
Depends on what you're going to be doing in the kitchen! I wouldn't make any significant investments before you know what you will be using the kitchen for and what you enjoy making.

We don't have a lot of money yet. We're still debating whether to get a microwave oven, induction oven, or nothing at all. I'm thinking of doing no-bake recipes for the time being. I just really want to impress him. I've been watching youtube videos and scrolling through pinterest for ideas.

I've deviated from my topic. I just want to start simple for now and then improve the kitchen as we get more money. What should I focus on first?

Reaction score
We don't have a lot of money yet. We're still debating whether to get a microwave oven, induction oven, or nothing at all. I'm thinking of doing no-bake recipes for the time being. I just really want to impress him. I've been watching youtube videos and scrolling through pinterest for ideas.

I've deviated from my topic. I just want to start simple for now and then improve the kitchen as we get more money. What should I focus on first?

If you still don't have a budget for renovation, I think you should go save money first before planning to do something. It's easier to do it if you're already financially prepared for everything. But I would suggest starting with countertops and floorings. You will spend a lot on that, but it is really a good investment for your home. Marble I think will cost you cheaper than the others, but if you are looking for durability that will last you a decade without stressing out to maintain, its beauty. Try to have a granite or quartzite. I'm just giving you an idea of where to start, but the decision will be on yours and your partner as well. I have read an article about a deeper understanding of Marble countertop cost. This should help you with everything as a start. I Hope this article helps you and I wish you the best of lucks in your future endeavors.

Last edited:

Ask a Question