Moving

Reaction score
Moving.....I HATE IT!
Actually, I DESPISE it!!!!

I've never had the money to buy a home, I've always had to rent apartments....so I've always had to move every couple of years.

Heck, I even think the word "despise" is a lot too subtle a word for how I feel about moving!!!!

I really wanted to buy a nice RV trailer to live in, but there are no places to park long term around the metro area where I live.
Which is really weird, because I live in an area where people love their RV's and travelling.

So now I'm stuck with having to move to another apartment. The new place seems nice and all, but I'm just SO sick and tired of having to move every couple of years. I'm too old for this crap anymore.

361276983_4f55cda464.jpg

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that :( I'm moving as well soon, to the Netherlands. My MVV got approved, I got the letter this weekend :) I will have to leave a loooot things behind, it's hard to pick and pack only the necessary things... I had to make some really tough decisions. I might come back later for the other things, but that will take a looooong time! So yes, moving sucks! Specially across the ocean... if only those idiots from the airlines didn't charge that much for extra bags and I wasn't traveling alone (I can't handle two bags!).

Reaction score
Well, as of today (3/28/2016) I am officially MOVED!

I had two friends help me out moving my crap yesterday (on Easter).

I tell you what, no matter HOW much I get RID OF.....it seems to keep multiplying!!!!
OMG! SO MUCH CRAP!!!!

I am definitely doing a MAJOR down sizing this summer and getting rid of at least half of my stuff!!!!

I was going to take my friends out to eat at any place they wanted, but they were too beat to eat. LOL
I told them to let me know whenever they want to go out to eat, and its all on me!

This apartment complex I just moved into seem nice and very quiet. It is small and it is privately owned, not owned by a company. The manager says the owner takes REALLY good care of the property, and they have had the same maintenance man for 20 years here, so he knows the "ins and outs" of this property.

So far I like it here, except for the stairs I have to climb. I have a patio that looks over the pool area which is nice, and there is a large tree right outside my patio as well, so I have shade on that side of the building!
So far I have not had to turn on the air conditioning because of the cool breeze that comes in the patio door!

I hope it stays nice like this for a long time. I really REALLY don't want to move again!
Unless I win the lottery or something like that!!!!

Reaction score
sounds like you have found a good place to live at Chester and I do understand the cooling part,I had a friend that use to live in Texas and he bitched about the AC bill not the Heating bill

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had such a busy weekend with the move - it's never easy! When I was growing up we moved something like 6 times in 7 years, which was awful. I hope this new apartment works out well for you, it certainly sounds good :)

@Trellum that's fantastic news! When are you planning on making the move now that the paperwork is in place?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had such a busy weekend with the move - it's never easy! When I was growing up we moved something like 6 times in 7 years, which was awful. I hope this new apartment works out well for you, it certainly sounds good :)

@Trellum that's fantastic news! When are you planning on making the move now that the paperwork is in place?

Thanks, it took so long, but I am almost set. I just need to a couple things. Which is hard because the people from the information center make it harder (answering very late, not really answering questions, etc). Can't wait to be over with this to be honest. If all goes well I'll be there on May :)

Reaction score
Ah, I despise moving too! My husband is in the military so we move about every 3 years. It sucks as much as you would think - if I never saw another moving box in my life I would say it was too soon! Haha!

Reaction score
I'm glad you found a nice place! Moving isn't fun at all! When I was young we moved every year for my dad's job until I was in 4th grade. I have 5 brothers and sisters - I can't imagine what it must have been like for my parents - especially my mom to pack up and move that often with little kids!! I have been in the same house now since 1996 and the thought of ever moving makes me ill! LOL! My kids absolutely refuse to even think about it. Kind of funny how you get used to things.
Anyway - hope this is home for a long time for you! Or, you could buy a tiny house!!! ;)

Reaction score
well my sisters have been helping me to fix my place up and move closer to them,but i figure if this place is fixed up,why move ? lol

Reaction score
In my home country we own our house and the lot was inherited by my mother from her parents and my father is the one who spent for building the house. That is why me and my siblings grew up in our own house and not renting. But when I got married and migrated in another country I had experienced living in an apartment and you are all right that it is really hard and very tiring when you are moving from one place to another. My husband is always assigned to different place that is why we had to transfer and change our place of living every now and then. I just hope that you will be fine after fixing things in your new place and environment.

Last edited:

Ask a Question