Recreating novelty cakes

Reaction score
I love baking and serving novelty cakes and my family loves to try something different. I have made Russian madovik cake a couple of times and it turned out fantastic, but it's very hectic to make since I have to young children to look after as well so the rolling out and baking of the individual cookie layers and then the soaking and assembly takes up more time but by now it has become a family favorite. So can anyone tell me a one cake pan recipe that can be used as an alternative to the honey cake, my son's first birthday is coming up and I would love to try it out. Any help is appreciated. Looking forward to your responses.

Reaction score
Napoleon cake can be a good alternative to Russian madovik cake. The cakes are a little more complicated to make, but the result will please your family
Thanks for the advice but I was kinda looking for a less complicated version. Anyways I'll look up the recipe and see if it's doable.. thanks again.

Reaction score
No there are no alternatives to the multi-layer foam cakes. All baking is time consuming. These particular types of cakes more so than butter cakes. It’s the nature of the beast. The labor and ingredients are the reason they are more expensive than a standard butter cake. And the reason why they are only offered in better bakeries.

Reaction score
No there are no alternatives to the multi-layer foam cakes. All baking is time consuming. These particular types of cakes more so than butter cakes. It’s the nature of the beast. The labor and ingredients are the reason they are more expensive than a standard butter cake. And the reason why they are only offered in better bakeries.
Yes you are right. So I guess I have to try out an improved version of the birthday cake. Any ideas on that?

Ask a Question