We decided to grow cucumbers this year....

Reaction score
and now we have so many I don't know what to do with all of them! You can only have salads to many times before you get sick of them!!! I've made refrigerator pickles, my daughter likes to eat them sliced for lunches........but I need some more ideas!! They are growing faster than I can use them!!!

Any ideas or recipes??? I'm pretty sure you can't freeze these little buggers! Am I right? I could give some away but a lot of my neighbors already grow their own veggies. My neighbor across the street brought tomatoes over the other day and I'm wondering how I'm going to use those!! LOL

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Make some refreshing cucumber agua fresca to drink.
The whole recipe is in this infographic.

47b099008b7855240cf01121ecff6d17.jpg

Reaction score
This looks really good! I will have to give it a try. My husband just picked 7 more cucs from the garden last night!!! :0 I am going to have to give some away though so they don't just rot in the fridge! I did make more refrigerator pickles last night! They are so good!! I just wish I could freeze them so they would last all year. But they would be super disgusting!! Haha!

I guess I could make a salad tonight. That would be one way to use them up too.

Thanks again for the recipe! You really do have a treasure trove of recipes!!! :)

Reaction score
This looks really good! I will have to give it a try. My husband just picked 7 more cucs from the garden last night!!! :0 I am going to have to give some away though so they don't just rot in the fridge! I did make more refrigerator pickles last night! They are so good!! I just wish I could freeze them so they would last all year. But they would be super disgusting!! Haha!

I guess I could make a salad tonight. That would be one way to use them up too.

Thanks again for the recipe! You really do have a treasure trove of recipes!!! :)

Thank you. I can't take too much credit, I just spend a lot of time on the internet, especially Pinterest. Ever since I downsized my collection of physical cookbooks, I've been collecting a lot more recipes online.

Reaction score
LOL! I too spend a lot of time online! I like the idea of getting recipes from Pinterest! Didn't think about that! I know what you mean - I don't think I even look at my regular cookbooks anymore. It seems if I want a recipe I will look online. And lately, instead of printing them, I save them in a folder so I can access them on my ipad when I am cooking. So much easier and takes up less space!! I probably need to get rid of some of the cookbooks I don't use anymore. But, I also have to make sure I don't have so many recipes saved that I can't possibly use them all or forget I even have them!! ;-)

Reaction score
I knew someone who had the same problem with courgette and they even ended up making courgette bread.

Me though, i've never ever been able to grow cucumbers/courgettes successfully.

Reaction score
Yay!! Thank you so much!! I've printed it and will definitely use it!! I think I will even be able to give some to my sister. She and her hubby adopted a baby 4 months ago so time is short to make things!!! I like to make soup and it will be awesome to have some in the freezer!!
I ended up sending some of the cucumbers to work with my husband to give away. And then I gave some to a neighbor. Thankfully cucumbers were the only thing she hadn't grown!!! :) But, I know there are going to be more and soon! I still have two jars of refrigerator pickles. They are so good, but how long will we want to eat them!!
Thanks again for the tips!

Reaction score
So, Ziemune, I made the cucumber soup! It is soooo good!!! Yay! I had enough to take to my sister too! Super excited! And, it was much easier than I thought it would be! I had some fresh chives too from my own garden to use. So, overall it was a very inexpensive recipe!! :) I substituted coconut milk for the whipped cream. I refrigerate the coconut milk and then it gets a hard layer on the top - where it thickens - and you can use that instead of the cream. My sister and daughter are dairy intolerant so that was a good substitution!!! I did only use one avacado instead of two. Mine wasn't super big but it seemed bigger than two small ones. So, I think that could be adjusted based on individual taste. I think it would be good warmed, cold or reheated after freezing!
So, will make it again when I have more cucumbers than I know what to do with!!! Yay! And, thanks again! :)

Reaction score
I wish you could give me some of those cucumbers. I love them and I could eat them everyday. It's hard to find someone who can give me some here.

Reaction score
My friend just had the same problem! She ended up using them for cucumber sandwiches. Just some mayo on some bread with some salt and whatever other spices you like, and it tastes wonderful! Of course you can only eat them for so long, so she had to do the whole pickles, salads, and what-not as well. The cucumber sandwiches were still my favorite, though!

Reaction score
I've never had a cucumber sandwich but that sounds really good!!! :) Well, for this year, at least, our growing season is over! We have had a week of nights in the 30's so most everything that was growing has now stopped because it is frozen!! :0 Do cucumber plants come back? Or do they have to be replanted? I'm guessing they are annuals. But I've seen annuals come back before so I guess it wouldn't surprise me!
I still have some refrigerator pickles to eat up. I might grow zucchinis next year. At least you can freeze them without making something with them first!!
Annette - I wish I could have given some to you too! I did send some to work with my husband - but I think his co-workers were sick of them too!! LOL

Reaction score
Probably but I wouldn't get tired of them. Like I.said I could eat cucumbers all day and I wouldn't grt tired of them I love cucumbers, they are one of my favorite vegetables next to tomatoes.

Ask a Question