What would you do if you won the lottery?

Reaction score
So, there was the giant Powerball lottery in the States today - I think the jackpot ended up being 1.6 billion or something (YIKES!!!)

Do you ever think about what you'd do if you won the lottery? Any baking related dreams you'd fulfil? I'm curious to hear how you'd spend (or save, or invest!) the big sum.

I honestly don't know what I would do with that much cash. I mean, I have a vague idea (travel, buy a couple of houses in places of the world that I love, give some to family and friends, charities and so forth) but it's just SO much money that I definitely would try and enlist the help of a financial advisor or something.

What about you?

Reaction score
Of course I dream about it. I'm a dreamer by nature. UGH....and that gets in the way of so much stuff in my life.

Yes, I played the Powerball, but didn't even win $3.00 off it.

What would I do with that kind of money?

Well, I would pay off all my debts.
I would give a million each to each of my close friends.
I would help out a couple people I work with.
I would give my nephews and niece money for college.
I would give my sis whatever she needs or wants.

Everything else would be halved. One half in the savings to collect interest.
The other half to buy a house and vehicle, some plastic surgery, and a new wardrobe.
And yes, I would have my own Butler!

Hell, I might even start my own company, like Ted Turner did.

My house would also have a complete Chef's kitchen, loaded with professional bakers equipment.
Aside from the living room, the kitchen would be the largest room in the house, as I like a LOT of room and decorative storage space!!!

For those of you who do play the lottery....if or when, you ever DO hit "the big one", ALWAYS remember these important safeguards to claiming and keeping your money.....

1. Get a 5 star rated Lottery lawyer to go with you to claim your money.
2. ALWAYS pick the option of "lump sum".
3. ALWAYS choose to NOT be identified to the public.
4. Pay ALL of the taxes and other fees BEFORE you do ANYTHING with the money!
(have the lawyer do this for you)
5.Make a WILL immediately (or update the one you have) to include WHO gets the money or WHAT the money will be used for once you are gone.
6. With what money you bring home....put HALF in a savings account or retirement account or some form of money market account to make you interest on that money.
Use the other half to pay off ALL of your debts FIRST. Then, with what is left, you can do with what you want.

For security purposes (depending on how much you win), I would suggest moving to another city or state once you have done all those things. This is to help keep the beggars and "Im gonna sue you" jerks from clogging up your front porch and driveway every day. Or hire some bodyguards.

I figured out a few years ago, that if one person brings home $500,000....they can live off the interest for the rest of their lives in a comfortable manner, as long as they don't go "nuts" with the money.

Reaction score
Awesome guide, @ChesterV I won a little prize of 1,000 dollars. I only bought one lottery ticket, if I had bought the whole series I'd have gotten 33k But oh well, at least I had enough to buy a new fridge and a couple other stuff :)

If I won a big prize I'd definitely buy my mom a new house. Then I'd buy a nice house for me and my fiance. I'd figure out what to do with the rest later :)

Reaction score
If every I will win the lottery of course I will share my blessings with my family and I will donate some of my money to the orphanages and home for the aged.. I always had my heart for the children and older people who are abandoned by their own families. And the rest of the money I will study very well where I will invest it for the future.

Reaction score
I would live my life stress free and help other people. I would probably manage to invest part of that money to have a stable income and then I would do what I want. I would most probably by some apartments or just renovate some old houses and sell them in order to earn cash. I like creative jobs and that sounds and it is a very creative thing to do. Of course I would travel the world on my yacht.

Ask a Question