Are you a fan of desserts with bacon?

Reaction score
I love the sweet and salty combo. I think it will be fun to try putting a bit of bacon in desserts, but I only see it as a topping or garnish rather than an actual ingredient. A little bit of bacon on top or on the side is okay, but I am not too crazy about putting a lot of bacon in it. It'd probably taste weird or something.

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had of a dessert with bacon in it before? Though I've heard of things like bacon vanilla milkshakes, and chocolate with bacon in it is very popular right now... I think it would really depends on what kind of dessert it was? Like, cookies with bacon in it probably wouldn't work all that well.

I do love bacon though! Just...not sure if I like it in my desserts, haha.

Reaction score
i have never tried it either, and I actually can't see why on earth bacon has suddenly become such a big deal ?? it has ben around forever, and we have probably eaten and enjoyed things like bacon burgers, and bacon and eggs; but now it seems like they are putting bacon into just about everything.
I saw the bacon shakes at Sonic, too; and just shook my head.
My neighbor said she tried making the bacon cinnamon rolls that were on Facebook, and she loved them !
She said you just get one of the refrigerated cinnamon rolls , unroll them, and then roll them back up again with a strip of bacon inside. So it was easy to make, but i just can't think that I would like it all that well myself.

Reaction score
I am not. To me this just seems so gross. I am not sure why. It just doesn't seem right. I haven't tried it, but I am one of the few who are out there who prefer sausage to bacon.

Reaction score
I don't particularly like bacon, and all of the desserts are just kind of disgusting..I honestly don't get the whole bacon thing, haha. I understand that people like bacon, but I think it's weird to have things like a bacon milkshake! I can't imagine that possibly tasting good :p

Reaction score
I like the salty sweet combo of bacon in desserts. What I'm afraid to try is the weird candy bars at Walgreens. My local Walgreens pharmacy has candy bars such as beef jerky bits in dark chocolate, and barbecue potato chip bits in dark chocolate. Now those combos sound weirder than bacon in desserts.

Reaction score
I do like bacon a lot but to be honest the idea of adding it my desserts have never really appealed to me; I would have to try it sometime and see what it's like but it's not something that i am in a hurry to do.

Reaction score
I like bacon in desserts but in moderation. I can think of three occasions where I have had bacon in a dessert and it was excellent, I see lots of sweet treats with bacon but to be honest I think it is a lot of people jumping on the trend. I once had a dark chocolate truffle with a bacon ganache that was incredible. chocolate chip cookies with bacon were also delicious, lastly I had a dark chocolate cupcake with dark chocolate frosting that had a piece of crispy bacon on top.

Reaction score
Errrlack, no.

I like my bacon in a BLT, and not on my desserts, thank you very much.

Reaction score
Yes! Bacon makes everything better! I love candied bacon. I love dipping bacon in chocolate ganauche and letting set then eating it. So bad, yet so yummy. Lol.

Reaction score
I think adding bacon to desserts is amazing, if there is a good balance of both sweet and salty! I do not enjoy eating desserts that are overly sweet, so bacon is a great additive to counteract the sweetness.

Ask a Question