Baking with Cardboard cake rounds

Reaction score
Hello,
Can you cover a cardboard cake round with foil to use in the bottom of a springform pan to bake a cheesecake? Thank you.

Reaction score
Yes, I have done that many times to raise up the crust so it's easier to remove from the pan. Encase the entire round in foil. I cut just a pinch of cardboard off all the way around so it fits snugly in the bottom of the springform pan. Even better than springform pans are Magic Line cake pans with removable bottoms. That's all I use now, I ditched my springform pans years ago for making cheesecakes.

Reaction score
Hello,
Can you cover a cardboard cake round with foil to use in the bottom of a springform pan to bake a cheesecake? Thank you.
No. It is extremely dangerous to place cardboard in the oven. It it highly combustible, so you risk an oven fire.

Burning of cardboard and paper in fireplaces, campfires, and fire pits is discouraged because the chemicals used to produce it creates toxic fumes.

Also cake rounds are often coated with waxes. The wax will melt in the oven.

If you want to transfer the cheesecake to a cake board, place a parchment paper round inside the bottom of springform pan.

After the cheesecake is completely baked and chilled, remove the ring. Then slide a cake lifter under the parchment paper and lift the cake off of the springform pan bottom and transfer it to a cake round.

Reaction score
No. It is extremely dangerous to place cardboard in the oven. It it highly combustible, so you risk an oven fire.

Burning of cardboard and paper in fireplaces, campfires, and fire pits is discouraged because the chemicals used to produce it creates toxic fumes.

Also cake rounds are often coated with waxes. The wax will melt in the oven.

If you want to transfer the cheesecake to a cake board, place a parchment paper round inside the bottom of springform pan.

After the cheesecake is completely baked and chilled, remove the ring. Then slide a cake lifter under the parchment paper and lift the cake off of the springform pan bottom and transfer it to a cake round.

hahahaha and merry christmas.

Ask a Question