Be honest.. How much 'equipment' and utensils do you actually own?

Reaction score
I've got tupperware boxes and boxes full of fondant cutters shapers imprint pins. I keep buying more. My husband is constantly complaining. But it's my weakness. He doesn't complain when the cakes are so pretty though

Reaction score
I just have the 1 Kenwood mixer with a balloon whisk, K beater and dough hook, but will confess to having 2 bowls for it (one plastic from an old broken Kenwood) and the metal bowl that came with the newer Kenwood mixer. I have an Omniblend (hi speed liquidise/blender) but I do have a baby Magimix food processor and an Excalibur Dehydrator. There is also a coffee grinder which is solely used for herbs and spices. I have 3 pyrex glass mixing bowls of different sizes, 1 set of digital scales, only 3 or 4 wooden spoons (old favourites) and a couple of wooden spatulas. Otherwise that is it really. Oh there are 2 1/2L glass measuring jugs and a single 1L glass measuring jug. Nearly forgot about those and the single wire cooling rack.

OK - I did forget about the single baking sheet, 2 Victoria sandwich cake tins, the 8" and 10" springform tins and the 2 loaf tins...

I tend to only keep things that have a purpose and use in the kitchen and they have to be used regularly. Any purchases are thought long and hard about and have to have a valid reason.

Reaction score
I've collected a few things over the years. I don't have any fancy appliances or tools, just the typical stuff like hand mixer, blender, etc. I have quite a few baking pans. I obtained a few more a while back when the grocery store offered baking pans with silicone handles, which could be purchased with stamps you saved after each shopping trip and applied to a card. It took a certain number of cards for each pan, or if you didn't quite have enough, you could pay the last little bit in cash. I ended up getting a jumbo muffin pan and one that is basically like a muffin tin but makes mini loaves. I got them with just cards and didn't spend any money. Oh, and a biscuit pan as well. I also have a heart shaped cake pan and one that makes heart shaped muffins, and I have the usual... brownie pan, 13 x 9 cake pan, sheet cake, cookie sheets, round layer pans, a glass pie plate...

Reaction score
Honestly I do not own many baking wares, utensils and equipments.
I only had one or two of each kind as long I had them when I need it for my baking needs.

Reaction score
I'm way behind on kitchen utensils,I do have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer,a gift from my girl friend :) a couple of baking pans,a wire rack some assorted spoons,one whisk and I'm in bad need of some more stuff:) I meed to hit the 2nd hand shops and collect some stuff,I'm in bad need of a Biscuit cutter and can never remember to pick a couple up :)

oh I do have grandmas Turkey Broaster,she had that when i was a young lad,almost 60 years ago and it still works,it does make me wonder how old it is and how many turkeys have been cooked in it,it has made many a Turkey Day :)

the biggest thing I need is a new kitchen stove,mine is a freebie from a friend of my sister and all I can say about it,is that it is better than nothing,which will tell you how good my other one was :) I was getting by with a toaster oven for a long time and a micro wave,but it did have 2 eyes that were working on it,now this one is down to two eyes,but the oven works,barely lol

Reaction score
Oh, I'm a "gadget man". I loves my gadgets!!!!!

full sized processor

k2-_a3b46780-0f3d-439b-81dc-43e2a85f12c9.v1.jpg-7a45182d29d5b01299771abdf07e2f4f78e08acd-optim-450x450.jpg

Sunbeam stand mixer
k2-_f2b232e8-ea0d-4be0-8dd5-5397d01a6a0d.v1.jpg

Mini food processor
81sZf%2BeT9KL._SL1500_.jpg

Mini coffee maker
k2-_c0be09e4-d5bc-45a7-a544-ec59995740f1.v1.jpg

Mandolin slicer
japanese-mandolin.jpg

Double bread machine
01.152003.01.001_1_picture.jpg

I have about 4 hand mixers, all different power types
81tJBfFVoPL._SL1500_.jpg

An egg cooker
41PKD0C8KRL._SY300_.jpg

I really love my whisks
contemporary-whisks.jpg

And my high temp, rubber spatulas
Fabric%2BWrapped%2BSpatulas%2B2.jpg

I love my mini bundt pans
54724-garland-bundt-pan-nordicware-popup.jpg

This is my favorite bundt pan
nordic-ware-bavaria-bundt-pan-d-2013101613170018~7304680w.jpg

My C'mas Wreath bundt pan
nordicware-holiday-wreath-85348-popup.jpg

my Kitcheaid bundt pan
mA82SSRc4svxzXuGsMYbdAg.jpg

my Garfield cookie pans
minigarfield.jpg

my regular cookie pan
2105-0478.jpg

I also have an Angel Cake bundt pan with different center attachments for different kinds of bundts.
I also have a torte pan which a friend gave me.
I also have some mini cake pans, they come 4 square compartments to one sheet pan.
I've also got some cheesecake pans.

I did find some of these things at the dollar store, so I got some.
They work, but they are SO TIME CONSUMING to use!!!
Plus, there are tiny parts to get lost!!!!
DONT waste your money!!!! They take twice as long to make, and then there's cleanup....and you CANT
put these things in the dishwasher...you have to hand wash them and make sure that all the tiny parts don't go down the drain!!!!
eggies.jpg

Hmmmm, I think thats all I have right now......I could be wrong.

Reaction score
I'm jealous Chester :)

I do want to get a Mandolin slicer,I've never used one,but they look great

Ask a Question