Becky out of action

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@Becky has some back problems at the moment and is laid up, so will be out of action from the forums for a while (although hopefully she'll be able to pop in occasionally!). Fingers crossed it won't be too long before it improves, but in the meantime, I'll be around to help administer the forums in her place :).

Reaction score
Sending good thoughts and good vibes her way!

I know how back problems are, I've been put out of action a few times myself.

IMG_7407a.JPG

Reaction score
I'm doing a bit better today thanks :)

I have degenerative discs in my back and scoliosis, so they seem to be prone to herniating. I've had a couple of micro-discectomies in the past few years, and this is just a flare up of the same problems. Each time I've had a flare up like this I've not done anything to cause it, it just seems to be spontaneous. Bit annoying really!

Reaction score
I'm doing a bit better today thanks :)

I have degenerative discs in my back and scoliosis, so they seem to be prone to herniating. I've had a couple of micro-discectomies in the past few years, and this is just a flare up of the same problems. Each time I've had a flare up like this I've not done anything to cause it, it just seems to be spontaneous. Bit annoying really!

GEEZ! Sorry to hear that.
I've known people I've worked with who have had similar problems. I feel for you.

My back is "normal", it's just my diabetes and my weight tend to combine together sometimes and make my back feel like I'm a marionette and someone just let go of my strings.

Like I tell my friends "it's a B***H" getting old.

:(

Reaction score
Like I tell my friends "it's a B***H" getting old.

Yup that's true! I'm only 32 though, so I'm hoping this isn't going to be a continual problem. In a way I hope they suggest a spinal fusion of my lower back, because it should mean I can get on with things! We'll see.

In other news, I made a vegan wheat free coconut and orange cake yesterday which was yummy :)

Reaction score
Still laid up unfortunately! It's getting slowly worse, but I'm seeing the consultant on Friday so we'll see what he says. As long as I rest up and take the painkillers it's not too bad, it's only when I try and do things it really hurts. So I'm trying my best not to make it worse :)

Reaction score
Still laid up unfortunately! It's getting slowly worse, but I'm seeing the consultant on Friday so we'll see what he says. As long as I rest up and take the painkillers it's not too bad, it's only when I try and do things it really hurts. So I'm trying my best not to make it worse :)

So sorry to hear that.
I know back problems are different for everybody, but is there no brace or back belt you can wear to help out a tiny bit? I've worked with a few people in the past who had kids with disc problems similar to yours, and they had to wear back braces anytime they were walking or upright for more than an hour or so........

Reaction score
Not really, it's gravity that's the problem. Ive tried everything I can to strengthen the core muscles (like an internal brace I guess) but the joints are just so weak that it doesn't help. Maybe I should apply for a job on the International Space Station?! :D

Might need to get a fusion to stabilise the joint, but we'll see. I saw the consultant last night (he had a cancellation so it was brought forward) and I need some scans and xrays. But at least the ball is rolling!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up, as Becky's back has gotten quite a lot worse, so she asked me to post here to say she won't be online for a little while - hopefully it'll improve very soon! :)

Reaction score
Just a quick heads up, as Becky's back has gotten quite a lot worse, so she asked me to post here to say she won't be online for a little while - hopefully it'll improve very soon! :)

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear that!!!!!
I hope she gets better quickly!

9487.jpg

SC-02.jpg

Reaction score
Oh dear! I've been gone so long and return to this? I was getting excited about improvements. I can only send a lot of sunshiny love and well wishes.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys, she says hello :). We're hoping she'll be getting an operation next month and she'll be back on her feet after that :D.

Reaction score
HEY!

Checking up on you again!

How are things going?

Thought I would add to this thread since the other one was getting long.:)

It's getting to be "that time" of the year.......all those holidays and baking/cooking frenzies.

Hope you are going to be well enough to enjoy some of it! :D

55a39bd21711ab85dfe4c9bafc03bd48--halloween-clay-halloween-goodies.jpg

664073b3-8404-4b1f-9508-a2df00a1ea19.JPG

poinsettia-cake-use.jpg

Reaction score
@ChesterV, these cakes should be all it takes to fix @Becky back issues. Sadly it doesn't work like that. At the very least I hope they put a smile on her face as they did for me.

Reaction score
Those cakes look awesome! As @Winterybella predicted they did indeed put a smile on my face :)

I should be getting the next scan sometime soon - probably next week. It's a very thorough test for spinal fluid leaks so hopefully it should show up whether that's what the problem is. I'll keep you posted!

Have you guys got any plans for Halloween? We don't tend to do much here in the UK, but on 5th November we have a big fireworks night (to commemorate the time Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament). The good thing about that is that I can easily watch it from a window and enjoy the night even when I'm at home :)

Happy baking everyone!

Reaction score
The closest I come to Hallowen is @ChesterV cakes. I am not a big fan but in my small country it has been catching on.

@Becky we are all rooting for you. We"ll have one big virtual party once this is behind you.

Reaction score
Those cakes look awesome! As @Winterybella predicted they did indeed put a smile on my face :)

I should be getting the next scan sometime soon - probably next week. It's a very thorough test for spinal fluid leaks so hopefully it should show up whether that's what the problem is. I'll keep you posted!

Have you guys got any plans for Halloween? We don't tend to do much here in the UK, but on 5th November we have a big fireworks night (to commemorate the time Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament). The good thing about that is that I can easily watch it from a window and enjoy the night even when I'm at home :)

Happy baking everyone!

I LOOOOVE Halloween, but there are extenuating issues why I don't do anything for it.
I basically decorate my desk at work and a couple of decorations at home, and thats about it.

If I had a house, I'd be one of those crackpots who goes "all out" for it! LOL

Hope everything goes ok at the doctor's and they find out finally, what's causing your problems.

Hope you get to do something for Guy Fawkes, even if it is just watching the fireworks from a distance!!!

:D

Ask a Question