Gold and Silver Stickers

Reaction score
I've been trying to add a classy touch to my homemade cookies and chocolates using gold and silver stickers, but I'm running into some issues. The stickers don’t always stick well, especially on chocolate or fondant, and sometimes the metallic coating rubs off when I handle them. I'm also concerned about making sure they're safe to eat. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any tips on how to properly apply these stickers and ensure they stay put without compromising safety?

I would love to hear your advice or see what’s worked for you!

Reaction score
I've been trying to add a classy touch to my homemade cookies and chocolates using gold and silver stickers, but I'm running into some issues. The stickers don’t always stick well, especially on chocolate or fondant, and sometimes the metallic coating rubs off when I handle them. I'm also concerned about making sure they're safe to eat. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any tips on how to properly apply these stickers and ensure they stay put without compromising safety?

I would love to hear your advice or see what’s worked for you!
i think you're supposed to wrap the product first, then apply stickers.

Reaction score
For a classy touch, try using edible gold or silver leaf instead of stickers, as they’re safe to eat and adhere better.

Reaction score
I totally understand your concern—gold and silver stickers can really elevate the look of cookies and chocolates, but getting them to adhere properly can be tricky. Here are a few tips that might help:

1. Clean Surface: Make sure the surface where you’re applying the stickers is completely dry and clean. If you’re working with chocolate or fondant, any moisture or oil can prevent the stickers from sticking well.
  2. Chill Your Treats: For chocolates, try chilling them in the fridge for a few minutes before applying the stickers. Cold surfaces can sometimes help the stickers adhere better.
  3. Use Food-Safe Adhesive: Some stickers are specifically made to be food-safe. Double-check if the ones you’re using are designed for this purpose. If not, you might want to look into food-safe adhesive options or edible glue.
  4. Apply with Care: When applying the stickers, gently press them down starting from the center and working your way out to avoid air bubbles and ensure a smooth application.
  5. Handle Carefully: Once applied, try to handle your cookies and chocolates as little as possible. This can help prevent the metallic coating from rubbing off.
  6. Test First: If you're unsure, do a test run with a few stickers on a sample treat before applying them to your final batch. This can help you figure out the best technique for your specific situation.
I hope these tips help! If you find a method that works particularly well, I’d love to hear about it. Happy baking!

Reaction score
I’ve run into similar issues when trying to decorate baked goods with metallic stickers! The sticking problem is usually due to moisture or oily surfaces (like chocolate or fondant). One trick is to make sure the surface is as dry as possible before applying the stickers. You can even lightly dust the area with cornstarch or powdered sugar to help reduce moisture.

As for the metallic coating rubbing off, it might be worth checking the quality of the stickers you're using. Some brands are better suited for food use and handle moisture or oils better without smudging. You could also try edible gold and silver leaf instead of stickers—it’s safe to eat, looks elegant, and eliminates the risk of the metallic coating rubbing off.

Regarding safety, definitely double-check that the stickers are labeled as food-safe. Not all decorative stickers are made to be consumed, and it’s important to ensure they won’t affect the food's safety. You could even ask the supplier directly for clarification if it's not clear on the packaging.

Hope this helps, and I'd love to hear how your cookies and chocolates turn out!

Ask a Question