Best Millie's Cookies recipe

Reaction score
My husband and I have been working on this recipe for a while, and I have to say, it's delicious! They are as close to Millie's Cookies as we can get - to be honest, I think they're better but perhaps I'm biased! :D

We made them last week for a friend as a get well soon present. This batch was done with M&Ms but you could add anything you want really. They worked really well with mini Rolos but sadly you can't get them here in the UK anymore.

Ingredients (makes approximately 30 cookies):
250g butter, melted
200g light brown soft sugar
250g golden caster sugar
2 large eggs
450g self-raising flour
M&Ms or whatever you like (we used a 165g bag)

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan assisted - if using conventional set it to 200C).
  2. Mix together the flour, sugars, melted butter, and eggs until well combined. Add the M&Ms, and mix them through the dough so that they are evenly distributed.
  3. Make the dough into balls that are around 3cm in diameter (roughly the size of a walnut shell) and place them on a non-stick baking tray. Make sure you space them out because they will spread in the oven! I find that I can fit no more than 6-8 cookies on each baking tray, so you have to do batches.
  4. Bake them for around 10 minutes.
  5. Leave them to cool on the baking tray - once they have stiffened up a bit you can take them off to cool fully on a wire rack.
It's better to under-bake than over-bake with these - if you take them out too early and they look a little doughy in the middle still, you can pop them back in the oven for a couple more minutes.

They are wonderfully chewy with a slightly crunchy edge to them. Yum!

These cookies are also really good with the zest of an orange added - works really well with dark chocolate chips. Also white chocolate chips with dried cranberries is lovely.

Millie's Cookies 1.jpg

Millie's Cookies 2.jpg

Reaction score
I have no idea what Millie's cookies are - are they a UK thing? The cookies look delish though, and the way you described them are exactly the way I prefer my cookies. A little crunch on the edge but nice and soft in the middle - that's cookie perfection if you ask me!

Kind of reminds me of cookies from Subway, actually!

Reaction score
Yeah they are really popular in the UK! They have shops everywhere, and sell fresh cookies. They also do large 'celebration cookies' which are iced - my husband loves them!

Reaction score
Oh my.... those cookies do really look good! I'm a big fan of cookies, your cookies look like they are the kind of cookies that do melt in your mouth! I love that!

Reaction score
Yeah they are really popular in the UK! They have shops everywhere, and sell fresh cookies. They also do large 'celebration cookies' which are iced - my husband loves them!

Oh yum - I looooove places like that, that have fresh baked cookies! So much nicer when they're made like that. Once in the States I took a flight on an airline that made fresh choc chip cookies on board! It was pretty awesome! The whole plane smelled delicious...one way to have happy passengers, I guess!

Ask a Question