Best way to make soft cookies

Reaction score
I have made good soft cookies but after 2 days, they are hard as rocks. Why is that?

Reaction score
Cookies are best fresh, and as they get older they can harden up. When I make a batch of cookies I freeze them (to remove the temptation to eat them all at once!) so that they keep for longer, and I warm them up before we eat them. It brings back the 'fresh out of the oven' feel :)

Reaction score
I think problem might be the baking time and the recipe.

Some cookies remain soft once cool, but some others get hard. Review your recipe and baking times to determine if this could be the problem.

Reaction score
I think problem might be the baking time and the recipe.

Some cookies remain soft once cool, but some others get hard. Review your recipe and baking times to determine if this could be the problem.
Is there a specific ingredient that I should use to make them soft?

Reaction score
I've never let my cookies remain un-eaten more than 48 hours after they're completely baked. I think they're best eaten fresh otherwise, I suppose there may be some preservatives that you could add to them to make them better.

Reaction score
This happens with me too. In fact my cookies harden up the very next day of baking. So I prefer making them in small batches and having them eaten up on that day itself. Warming them later makes them hot, hard and crusty, which is really quite worse.

Then again this could be because I'm new at baking, and my recipes need to get better.

Reaction score
The way my grandma did it was "not cooking it all the way". I guess what she meant was that it was still slightly gooey in the middle. Though, I just just load my cookies with chocolate chips. That why it is always gooey soft and delicious.

Reaction score
Also, make sure to keep your cookies in an air-tight container! I use one with a really good seal around the lid, and it definitely helps keep the moisture in, and the cookies soft.

Reaction score
I don't know if this works for all cookies, or I'm just lucky... but whenever I make Snickerdoodles they're soft right out of the oven and slowly harden over the day. So annoying when I really like them soft. After they cool off I stack them up in a plastic container/storage container and seal it. They eventually get to be and stay soft well until I've eaten them all.

Reaction score
The way my grandma did it was "not cooking it all the way". I guess what she meant was that it was still slightly gooey in the middle. Though, I just just load my cookies with chocolate chips. That why it is always gooey soft and delicious.
This is how I do it. I love them they slighty harder cookie material on the outside and almost like gooey cake on the inside- perfect! :D

Ask a Question