Biscuits Recipe (vid)

Reaction score
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE biscuits but I can't EVER get them right. I try to follow the recipes to the letter but for some reason they never come out flaky so I don't know where I mess up.

Next time I try, I think I'm just going to go step by step with this video. They came out looking soooooooo delicious! (Btw, I always thought it was pronounced "scone" with a long o. LOL)

Reaction score
In my country be call them ''Bisquets'' ;) Hahahahaah! Funny to read they just call them ''Biscuits'' in other places. In my country we call biscuits to those small cookies that melt in your mouth when you eat them along with your coffee. Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Reaction score
thanks for the video ,I seen a couple of things that I will do different the next time I bake some Biscuits ,especially mixing some eggs with the milk and I have been making my dough way to sticky

I need to get some Butter Milk for the Biscuits and regular milk to make some gravy with them,there is nothing like biscuits and gravy for breakfast, I'm sure that will be healthy with some sausage and a everything I have omelet and some hash browns ,well, probably not :)but for a Sunday breakfast every now and again,it will be awsome

Reaction score
When I saw the biscuit thread I swore it was what we call biscuits around here. The only place they call those biscuits is at Kentucky. Biscuits in my country are flat and square.

Reaction score
flat and square ? I get the square part,what I have been having problems with,is getting mine to rise :) and the biscuit cutter is important,they won't rise good if you use a canning far or a dull knife lol I'm learning as i go with them

one recipe that i used,said to use the 1/4 cup measuring cup to size them and i was surprised at how much better they rose

if you have a good recipe for freezer biscuits post them please,I don't make but just a couple for breakfast and i wan't to make a big batch and freeze em,so there ready to bake

Reaction score
Oh man. I never though of freezing them. SO MUCH EASIER FOR MORNINGS!!! LOLOL

If I do come across one I will definitely share!

Reaction score
There is no need to freeze them.
I want to be able to freeze them so I can make big batches of them and have then ready to go and just bake a couple at a time and my friends wife has given me some strawberry freezer jam,mmm that stuff is delicious,it needs some biscuits lol

Ask a Question