Browned butter vs softened butter

Reaction score
Hi i recently made some brown butter chocolate chip cookies and while they were delicious they were too thick compared too when i first made them.I am wondering if using the browned butter vs softened butter created a dried dough since the recipe includes 470 grams of flour to 285 grams of softened butter.any input the recipe i adapted was from pailins hot thai kitchen.top photo tonights batch.bottom photo batx
Batch #1 with the creaming method.

Attachments

• 20200228_204825.jpg
    20200228_204825.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 20190404_131652.jpg
    20190404_131652.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 239
Reaction score
If the original recipe uses melted butter, then you are good to go once the butter has cooled. However, if the original recipe uses solid or cold butter, then you need to return it to that state.

You pour the butter into a bowl and let it return to room temperature for recipes that call for softened butter. Or you can refrigerate it if your recipe calls for cold butter.

Reaction score
If the original recipe uses melted butter, then you are good to go once the butter has cooled. However, if the original recipe uses solid or cold butter, then you need to return it to that state.

You pour the butter into a bowl and let it return to room temperature for recipes that call for softened butter. Or you can refrigerate it if your recipe calls for cold butter.
Thank you so i can use the brown butter just let it return to a cooled almost solidified state and continue with the recipe?

Reaction score
Butter has water that will evaporate during the browning. Adjust that loss of liquid by adding 1 tablespoon of liquid for every 4 oz. stick of butter you are browning.

Ask a Question