Eggs after milk in butter

Reaction score
Greetings! I have just started baking an almond/coconut cake for my bff’s birthday brunch tomorrow, and the recipe calls for mixing softened butter w sugar. Then add 4 eggs, then the milk. Well, I added the milk first, then the eggs. It looks lumpy. Do I need to start over? The next step is add the flour. Thanks!

Reaction score
sugar and butter 1st mix until it goes white, it will just keep mixing once its gone white add eggs one @ a time with a tablespoon of flour (to stop eggs curdling) keep mixing until all eggs are incorporated then on slow speed add rest of the flour slowly (flour should be sieved) once its all in speed up mixer and watch until it has bulked out in bowl, it should grow by about a third, this is air you have trapped in mix don't overmix it will fall and air will come out GENTLY put in tins and Gently put tins in preheated oven, if you knock them the air can come out, cook and check for set as per cooking instructions good luck! and remember there are no crimes in baking AS LONG AS YOU EAT THE EVIDENCE :)

Ask a Question