Working with fondant/buttercream icing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by stacey, Jul 19, 2019.

1. stacey

stacey New Member

Hi, obviously I am new and looking for a quick suggestion. The party is tomorrow. I have a frozen cake in refrigerator, it's iced with buttercream frosting, could use a little touch up. I have fondant decorations that still need to be applied. Since it is a round cake, I am leery to put on at the last minute. Wanting the pieces to "wrap" the cake, since i will not have time to make them the day of, and not wanting them to dry out..... if, I pull cake out now to decorate it, will the consensation from being frozen, affect the fondant pieces? Should I get up earlier tomorrow morning to make the pieces? Should I leave cake in refrigerator to do it? or should I take it out of refrigeratior now and let it sit for a while, covered? I work today in about 4 hours and at a stand still. I am doing this for a friend and want to do a really good job, please help :)

stacey, Jul 19, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. stacey

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

Water will disintegrate the fondant. Fondant decorations can only be put on the buttercream when it is close to room temperature and there’s no condensation on the buttercream

Norcalbaker59, Jul 19, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question