Caramel apple cookies

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried caramel apple cookies before? I found a recipe for them online the other night and they sound good in theory. It is basically a chocolate chip cookie with dried apple chunks and caramel pieces added.

Reaction score
I've tried one before though given that I wasn't me or my husband who made them, I'm not clear on the exact recipe or techniques used at all, but they were quite tasty. I would recommend them.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried caramel apple cookies before? I found a recipe for them online the other night and they sound good in theory. It is basically a chocolate chip cookie with dried apple chunks and caramel pieces added.
No, but the fact that I don't eat chocolate chip cookies, this would be a great idea! In fact, I'll be looking up the recipe, or would you care to share? (hint, hint)

Reaction score
I hate it when certain foods become trendy, and right now everything at my local supermarket is caramel apple flavored, from the Laffy Taffy and Twizzlers to the marshmallows and cake frosting.
I'm kind of sick of seeing caramel apple flavored things. It's like the red velvet craze all over again. I don't think I would make caramel apple cookies for a while because I'm over the whole caramel apple fad.

Reaction score
It does sound like a good concept. I always wondered how to get the apple flavor in there, and I guess dried apple chips does a good job.

I was thinking about replacing the sugar in a cookie recipe with caramel apple sugar. I always wanted to try this method by make caramel apple sugar through reducing apple juice until it gets very syrupy. After it gets syrupy, turn up the heat and make a caramel out of it. I then dehydrate it to make apple sugar sheets.

Reaction score
That sounds like such a good recipe!!! My fiancé loves the caramel apple candy and I would bet that he loves this cookie recipe too. Care to share?

And for the apple flavor, maybe apple juice? I don't think they make apple extract :p

Reaction score
this topic is really making me want to go get a caramel apple right now for the instant gratification. I was looking around at the grocery storethe other day and coukd only find dry apple rings. I guess iI could always cut them up to make the chunks. These seem much more hwalthy than some cookies out there.

Reaction score
I made salted carmel apple cookie bars for a party , they were very rich but a huge hit. I did not use died apple , I used fresh granny smith apples. You get the perfect tart with the sweet caramel.

Reaction score
I have made caramel apple cookies. Fresh Apples are used in them. Mine go a bit soggy but taste yummy

Ask a Question