Caramel slice with coconut condensed milk

Reaction score
Hi,

I would be interested to know if anyone has had success replacing condensed milk with coconut condensed milk for a vegan caramel slice.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Hi,

I would be interested to know if anyone has had success replacing condensed milk with coconut condensed milk for a vegan caramel slice.

Thanks,

Vegan condensed milk made with coconut cream

vegan millionaire shortbread recipe (aka what we call a caramel slice in the US)

Edit

In my experience with non-dairy butter for baking, the stick butter works best (vs non-dairy butter in a tub.

Do not soften to “room temperature” for creaming. 18°C (65°F) is the temperature to cream butter and sugar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've tried making caramel slice with coconut condensed milk, and it worked great! The coconut condensed milk gives the caramel a slightly different flavor—it's a bit more tropical—but it still turns out deliciously creamy and sweet. Just make sure to follow the recipe’s instructions closely, as the consistency might be slightly different compared to traditional condensed milk. Overall, it's a fantastic vegan alternative and adds a unique twist to the classic caramel slice. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you try it out!

Ask a Question