Choosing Between Free Standing and Single Deck Gas Ovens

tam

Reaction score
Hey there, I need some help. So I am setting up a home bakery for my baking business and need to invest in a gas oven due to power outages in my city. So id like some insight on what you think might be best. So there is a price difference between the two but also chamber size difference of the ovens. Help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Hey there, I need some help. So I am setting up a home bakery for my baking business and need to invest in a gas oven due to power outages in my city. So id like some insight on what you think might be best. So there is a price difference between the two but also chamber size difference of the ovens. Help would be greatly appreciated

A deck oven is used for bread and pizza. It's direct heat from the oven floor, so not used for baked goods that need hot air circulation like cakes, cookies, buns, quick brwads, cupcakes, etc.

Ovens with racks allow the hot air to circulate. These are used for most baked goods.

Most of these ovens are convection (circulate hot air with a fan). The fans are powerful, and few models allow the fan to turn off since the air circulation is what makes an oven a convection oven. It's common for the fans to blow cupcake and muffin better up and even out of the tins. These ovens bake much hotter than home ovens. So if you haven't formulated your batters to a commercial convection oven, you will most likely have to do so if you buy one.

Reaction score
modern ovens will not ignite without elec due to their elec igniters.
I have a modern home convection, they're a joke.
I'd love a cadco counter top elec convection commercial model.

Reaction score
Here's what mine looks like. :)
electric stove..jpg

Reaction score
I'm guessing your name and power outages , philippines. Daily brownouts.
Its probably going to be propane, not natural gas and you'll need elec for the ignitor.

Ask a Question