Clarifications on KitchenAid 6000 HD Features

Reaction score
1. Can you replace the support arms from say a Pro 600 and then use the bowl, beaters, and accessories for that model?
2. I've seen conflicting reports on this, does this truly have a 1.3 HP motor that is limited to 1.0 HP or is it really only a 1 HP motor?
3. If this does truly only have a 1.0 HP motor, is it possible to swap in a 1.3 HP motor?
4. If it does have a 1.3 HP motor but is limited, how can you remove the limitation?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Reaction score
You would need to swap the control board along with the motor.
Theres a limit what you can get from 120v.
If I wanted more power I'd look for a 120v used 20 or 30 qt hobart commercial.

Reaction score
Just an update for anybody else who might be considering this.
The answer to 1 is yes. As an aside the stainless steel attachments for the 8 quart commercial mixer will work all the way down to the 5 quart wide stainless steel bowls (i.e 5, 6, and 7 quart bowls).

Still not sure about the motor. The motor does have a different part number so it might actually be a 1HP motor. A 1.3 HP motor will fit but I don't know if a motor change is all that is necessary or it the control needs to be changed to.

Ask a Question