crackers

Reaction score
There are forums for just about everything... except crackers. There is nothing better than a freshly baked, home made crackers. I'd love to see a forum for it.

Reaction score
Homemade crackers? I never thought about making them fresh. I usually just eat saltines or oyster crackers.
I would definitely try to it if someone is kind enough to share the recipe.

Reaction score
I have seen several recipes for different types of cracker. I have never tried baking my own crackers , because I am not sure how I would store them. Cracker are on of thing you don't eat right away and I would hate to have them go stale before they could be eaten.

Reaction score
I would assume you don't make many at a time. Or maybe you do and hand them out like Christmas cookies?

Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone making homemade crackers. Its amazing the different things that you never realize you can make at home. I'm going to have to look up some recipes about crackers.

Reaction score
I make them, and they don't get stale, mainly because they are eaten way too fast. I use a pasta roller to roll the dough out, it makes it a snap to make crackers. Oyster and saltine crackers are oil or butter, flour, salt, milk or water, and sometimes baking soda. I have several recipes- before I post them I'm going to make them up and test how long they can keep before getting stale. See if one recipe stays fresher longer. Going to have to find a really good hiding spot!

Reaction score
That's quite a niche! I think for now it would be best to post recipes in the Bread forum section, but if it proves popular then I would be happy to create a separate forum section for it :)

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll start a thread there, I wasn't sure it quite fit, didn't really expect other posters to take off on it here!

Reaction score
Great...I will look forward to your cracker tips and recipes in the bread section. I never thought of making them from scratch but I notice alot of "artisan" ones and flatbreads keep showing up everywhere.

Ask a Question