Have You Tried Using Parchment Paper for Baking?

Reaction score
I always see recipes that say to use it, and I hear about it a lot, but I can't remember ever having used parchment paper. I might give it a shot for holiday baking this time around. I hear it makes things much easier. It may even be necessary for certain items, I'm not sure.

Do you use it?

Reaction score
I spoke about that ages ago and felt I should get some. Fortunately or unfortunately, I still have not bought or even seen any here so far. I must confess I did not embark on a serious search. So far I manage well without it.

Reaction score
Nope, I don't see the need to use said paper. I might use it when I bake cookies though ;) But other than that... I don't see the need for it to be honest. I'd definitely not use it to bake a cake, greasing the pan is good enough for me all the time.

Reaction score
I occasionally use it, and have some here on hand, but for the most part, I've switched over to silicone baking sheets. They're a one time cost, rather than having to keep replacing parchment paper, which can be pricey, and they're easily washable. Best of all, I never have to worry about running out.

Reaction score
I use parchment paper to roll out any kind of dough, to line cookie sheets and bread pans. I makes clean up easier and makes getting quick breads out of the baking pan much easier. Parchment paper has kind of taken the place of wax paper in cooking. I had a roll of wax paper for a long time ( I had gotten a huge roll of it) and when I looked for more, I could not find any, but there was parchment paper so I tried it. I find that I really like having it on hand and use it often.

Reaction score
I occasionally use it, and have some here on hand, but for the most part, I've switched over to silicone baking sheets. They're a one time cost, rather than having to keep replacing parchment paper, which can be pricey, and they're easily washable. Best of all, I never have to worry about running out.

I'm a fan of the silicone sheets too - like you said, the idea of a one off reusable cost is a bit nicer than having to constantly replace things (and better for the environment too, with less waste!)

Plus, as you said, it's nice not running out. Nothing worse than being ready to start a baking project only to find you don't have parchment paper when you need it!

Reaction score
I am still using parchment paper in some of my cooking and baking needs and do had a stock of this item always in my kitchen. It is still useful to me in some ways.

Reaction score
I just used some for the first time,I made some French bread and didn't have to grease my baking pan,and just threw it away when I was done,I did like the not having to grease the baking pan part,but i'm not sure if I will buy it again,I will let ya'll know,after I have used it for a while

Reaction score
I like to use parchment paper because it's less mess for me. I does also help because I always seem to burn some items and end up breaking an item whether it's a cake or cookie. It does depend on how much you are baking too, if it's a small batch probably not, but large batches mean you can transfer the whole sheet to cool and then use the tray for something else.

Reaction score
Oh, let me tell you about my delightful experience with parchment paper in baking! It's like discovering a hidden secret in the culinary world that transforms the entire baking process. The first time I used parchment paper, I was skeptical – would it really make a difference? But oh my goodness, it did!

The way it effortlessly prevents sticking is nothing short of magical. No more nervously peeling cookies off the tray or scraping off that precious layer of goodness from the baking sheet. Parchment paper not only ensures a smooth release but also makes clean-up a breeze. It's like giving your baking creations a protective, cozy blanket, allowing them to rise and bake to perfection without any fear of a sticky aftermath.

And let's not forget the joy of lifting that parchment paper off the tray to reveal flawlessly baked cookies or a beautifully golden crust on bread. It's a moment of triumph, a little victory in the kitchen that brings a genuine smile to your face.

Reaction score
I use it exclusively for baking cut out cookies. I roll the dough out on parchment sheets and bake them on the paper as well. I like the ease of use, the way my cookies come out nice and evenly baked and colored, and the clean up is a dream.

Ask a Question