Does your kitchen match?

Reaction score
I was in my kitchen today looking for a paticular bowl. It occured to me, none of my dishes, pots and pans or untensils match anymore. When I first got married, I registered for all pink kitchen equipment. Yes, pink. My kitchen was so pretty! Everything matched! Even my blender and toaster were pink! My dishes were perfect sets. They were stacked so pretty!
Now, I have all different colors of everything, some plates even with chips in them! What happened?! I guess life happened. I got too busy to worry about if my kitchen matched in color.
What about you? Is your kitchen still pretty? Do all of your appliances and dishes match? Do you think time changes things? For example, when you first get married and have your own kitchen to having it for a long time?

Reaction score
Mine is the ugliest kitchen of them all! I have a crazy amalgamation of utensils, pots and pans from different places. I've been moving between apartments for a while now so things constantly get lost and replaced. I'm trying to buy a house now and hopefully I'll be able to stock that with remotely matching items.

Reaction score
Some things match, like all of my big appliances are white. As far as utensils, I don't think they have ever matched. Some of my plates match each other but not the bowls or saucers. I also think my pots and pans don't really match, I think there are 2 or 3 sets mixed in together. One day I might have the money to just start all over and buy things that match but in time they might just end back up this way again!!

Reaction score
No, my kitchen definitely does not match. I have dishes, cups, plates and utensils of all different colors. Nothing matches. However, that doesn't matter much to me. I'd rather be practical than pretty. The important thing is that everything I have works well for me.

Reaction score
My cookware semi-matches. Normally, every so often, I go through a spending spree and purchase new gadgets/items. But, like most people, after use, some get broken or thrown away. So, I end up with mismatched items.

Reaction score
My kitchen does not match at all. I have no matching plates or silverware, my appliances are all different, but I love it and it gets the job done. It is the center of our home where everyone meets and shares their day. Eventually I would like to redo my kitchen but for now it is perfect.

Reaction score
For the most part. I have lots of red and Fat Chef stuff. Some of my pots and pans and stuff don't match, though. I don't think everything has to be perfect.

Reaction score
My Kitchen does match and I adore it! We move from state to state every few years and always buy new Kitchen appliances every once in a while and we usually change them up whenever we get new furniture as well in our house. As of now, Our Kitchen has all Black Pots and Silver Pans and beige and green decorations put up including the mittens and stove towels. We only come around changing the colors every season, for example, for Thanksgiving we will put up orange and red mittens, etc. Its pretty neat where we eat! I love it!

Reaction score
Nope, not at all. I've tried on several occasions to keep all my stuff either stainless steel Cuisinart or Calphalon, and all my plate ware the same, but it never seems to work out. Over time I will discover that dish set I bought is missing all sorts of unconventional plates I wish I had, especially for entertaining, so I will go out and buy them separately. Also, some new appliances will come along that I just got to have and they aren't yet made by Cuisinart, so I will get those as well. I stopped worrying about it as much though - as long as the colors are about the same that's all I'm concerned with. The stuff that doesn't match I just keep stored away in my closet until I need it.

Reaction score
No, my kitchen definitely does not match. I do try to match linens in the same color family and my pots only match because my boyfriend bought me a new set a couple years ago but otherwise I have many different items gathered over the years that work for me. And when we bought new dishes recently, we intentionally bought all different colors of Fiestaware and I love it! The colors are spring like so it keeps me happy even in the dead of winter. I am partial to the shabby chic way of decorating so I don't strive for matching items.

Reaction score
My kitchen didn't match when we moved into our house and it most definitely does not match now. My husband and I didn't move into our own home until we had been married for several years and he had things from his old apartment and I had things that had been given to me and we just took it all and mashed it together.

It might not match, but at least it is all functional. I do want to one day have a matching kitchen, but I will aim for that after we get new cabinets and counter tops.

Reaction score
My kitchen sort of matches. All of the appliances have a silver and black colour scheme going on and the plates are all white. The only out-of-place things would be the ugly apron we have hanging above our random green table cloth. I guess we're pretty matchy. I wish that I had all pink appliances! I'm sure that my boyfriend would disagree though. :(

Reaction score
I don't do matching anymore. I'm more worried about the look of clutter and lack of space. I think not matching give it a more homey look. Nobody would say my kitchen isn't modern and pretty awesome and it doesn't have a theme or colour scheme at all.

Reaction score
My kitchen match a little. I tried to make a kitchen theme. I brought some items from Big Lots. My appliances and dishes are white. I do not like clutter so everything is organized.

Reaction score
My kitchen doesn't match because I am purposely going for a rainbow kitchen with all the colors, so I have on orange toaster, purple coffeemaker, different colors of mixing spoons in lime, teal and pink. The previous tenant painted the kitchen orange and I kept it that way because it went with the rainbow theme.
It's easier to find cute items when you're not trying to match everything.

Reaction score
Some of my things match. I have thigs form different lines. If I like something I will add it to my collection. That fact that it does not match the rest of the cookwear does not matter much. I like all types of cup plates and bowls so if they are a bit random it is ok.

Reaction score
The only thing that matches in my kitchen is my pots and pans. I do have set of glass baking pans for cakes. The rest of my cookware is a mish mash of this and that I have picked up here and there. But it cooks stuff just fine and that is all that matters to me. As to my kitchen decor,,, a mix of odds and ends.

Reaction score
Everything in my kitchen is color coordinated. Not everything is the same color though.

My favorite color is purple and most of my stuff is a shade of purple. My date recently remarked, "You even have purple plates!" Fortunately, my purple food processor was covered up. But sooner or later, he's going to see that too. Oh well.

Reaction score
My kitchen is improving. When I was younger I would collect everyones kitchen giveaway items and it was all hodgepodged together. Now I am going for a lime green theme in my kitchen. It is a work in progress, but I am getting there.

Reaction score
I go so back and forth on this...initially I thought I wanted it all matching; two colours, teal and purple. (And we certainly do have a lot of that) but I ended up with more of an eclectic little rainbow theme ;).

Ask a Question