First birthday cake - advice

Reaction score
Ok I have trimmed all the black off the cake and lost the crust basically. It was burnt a good few millimetres in, though all looks well now, just gona leave it to cool more.
photo.php

Yes my tin was 1.4 volume and I never realised yours was 1.5 or I would have just went ahead and made it.

Now all that is clear, I now know for next time.

PS I tasted the cake and it is divine :), beautiful taste to it.

Reaction score
Can't show the picture for some reason.
I was following this with great interest. Sorry I did not see the picture. So Aaron, your next go at it will be the actual birthday cake? This time around you must show us the finished product. I am hoping everything is divine next time around.

Reaction score
Can't show the picture for some reason.

Looks like you tried to share a photo from facebook - unless you have a public profile, we wouldn't be able to see the photo due I'm afraid! Try saving it to your PC then upload as an attachment to your post :)

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait. I have a picture of the final cake.

It was delicious :)

Thank you so much for this brilliant recipe and to everyone who chimed in with help.

Attachments

• daniels birthday cake.jpg
    daniels birthday cake.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 333
Reaction score
Aaron, I am so proud of you -so very proud. The day I can produce something like this I am going going to throw a party. I am delighted you pulled this off.

Reaction score
Sorry for the long wait. I have a picture of the final cake.

It was delicious :)

Thank you so much for this brilliant recipe and to everyone who chimed in with help.

Wow that looks awesome! Good work! :D

Ask a Question