Fixing Bloomed Chocolate

Reaction score
I am new to making chocolate and need some help!
I order Bulk Melting Wafers and all my chocolate comes in fine, except for the Milk Chocolate. Recently the milk chocolate wafers have had a white crystaling film on it. I have been concerned about melting and using it to make molds due to the look and feel of the chocolate.

I keep the chocolate stored in a dark cool container, and use the microwave melting method for my chocolate. Are there any other tips or tricks I can try with these chips rather than throwing them away, since they haven't been used yet!

Attachments

• IMG_4894.JPEG
    IMG_4894.JPEG
    254.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4895.JPEG
    IMG_4895.JPEG
    298.1 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
All is good my friend. As chocolate ages incorrectly, it will have the cocoa butter cristallise. But no worry, all will melt perfectly. Some cocoa butter may have evaporated so you might want to add some oil. Cocoa butter is preferred but you can use regular canola oil or whatever oil you have that won’t alter the taste. Just a little bit is enough. Melt it in the microwave 10 seconds intervals and stir it, but not too much as you will bring air to it and depending on your task you might not want that!

Reaction score
I am new to making chocolate and need some help!
I order Bulk Melting Wafers and all my chocolate comes in fine, except for the Milk Chocolate. Recently the milk chocolate wafers have had a white crystaling film on it. I have been concerned about melting and using it to make molds due to the look and feel of the chocolate.

I keep the chocolate stored in a dark cool container, and use the microwave melting method for my chocolate. Are there any other tips or tricks I can try with these chips rather than throwing them away, since they haven't been used yet!
melting wafers are not real chocolate and thats not bloom, its just bruising from improper packing/shipping.

white crystal is sugar bloom, as its probably not real chocolate just go ahead and melt it.

Ask a Question