gingerbread house templates from your own home?

Reaction score
I would like to make a gingerbread (or other cookie) house for a housewarming party but I want the house to be THEIR house. And I want it to be a surprise so I can't ask them for the plans -- which they may not have anyway since they did not build it. Anyway, does anyone here know of a way to translate pictures of a house into a template? Has anyone ever done this? Thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :) If it were me, I'd do a rough sketch from all sides rather than an accurate scale plan. Work on the sides first, then you know what length you need for the roof etc. Make it in card as a test, and once you're happy then use the templates for the gingerbread.

I posted this video on another topic recently, it gives a useful guide on how to bake gingerbread so that it keeps its shape.

Ann Reardon has done multiple gingerbread houses, her videos are well worth a look.

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my plan unless I could find a shortcut by having someone else (architect?) draw up templates. I was just trying to find a lazy way out :rolleyes:. Well, I have several months so I just gotta get cracking! Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Ask a Question