Affordable cake pans for a child's birthday

Reaction score
My sons birthday is coming up and I am going to be making him a cake this year. I've done cupcakes every year prior since he is still younger. I am in need of a good cake pan, but one that isn't too pricey as budget is an issue. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Reaction score
I don't know where you live, but if you're in th UK, I'd recommend checking out the pans at Dunelm Mill - I got all my baking equipment for university there, and it's great quality without being too expensive. If you're not in th UK, maybe check out Amazon?

Reaction score
I have a cupcake pan that has 8 different vehicles molds. This year, I will use it for mini sweet potato pies. I think this would be different and memorable for my family. Does anyone have any suggestions where to get molds like this of other varieties? I would love to get another with other types of vehicles to make for the kids.

Reaction score
I have a cupcake pan that has 8 different vehicles molds. This year, I will use it for mini sweet potato pies. I think this would be different and memorable for my family. Does anyone have any suggestions where to get molds like this of other varieties? I would love to get another with other types of vehicles to make for the kids.

Williams Sonoma had a partnership going with the movie 'Cars,' so they used to sell cupcake pans, pancake molds, etc, in shape of cars. You may still be able to find those at the stores or now at their outlet. You could also look to see if nordic ware made anything like that recently.

Reaction score
Have anyone of you tried those silicon baking pans for sale at Walmart and other department stores?

I have heard that these pans are the best baking option and makes easier turn out the cake once done, but here silicon pans are somewhat pricey.

Reaction score
While I'm tempted to say skip the major department stores and check out a discount store instead, not all of them actually offer good deals. There is a chain of stores called "Ollies" which has been popping up in my area. They supposedly sell marked down stuff, but their "marked down" prices are just as much as the full priced items in department stores.

I don't really see much of a need to spend an arm and a leg on an expensive cake pan, personally. Even a cheap dollar store pan will work fine, it's more about the cake itself and the ingredients & cooking times. Once the non-stick coating starts to go on the pan, it doesn't matter if it was an expensive pan or a cheap pan, you still need to junk it.

Ask a Question