Had to have my oven calibrated the other day

Reaction score
Every time I would try to make cupcakes or muffins - the outside would bake but the inside would still be mushy and doughy. At first I thought it was a fluke. My daughter and I had tried a homemade recipe and it didn't turn out so we were convinced that it was the recipe. So, we tried a boxed mix and same results.

Called a Sears repairman and he had a temp probe that he put in the oven - set it to 350 and then was able to see where it turned on and off as it kept the temp. Well, it was heating up to 425 which was way too high and that was why the insides were yucky. So, he was able to reset the temps so they were closer together.

Result - perfect baked goods again!!! Yay!

I guess it is something you can do yourself - there were instructions in my manual - but I'm not sure how you would find the temps as I don't have anything besides a grill probe.

But, I thought I would share in case anyone else is having baking issues. :)

Reaction score
I have never done this. That process is more involved and costly than I would like. You can get a special thermometer that goes in the oven and it will tell you the real temperature . This way you can make adjustments to get the proper temperature. I guess if you find that your oven is way off in temperature you would have to have it calibrated.

Ask a Question