Optimizing Heat Distribution for Even Baking in Oven

Reaction score
hi. if i put 2 trays of cookies in the oven with turbo fan at the same time (1 tray on the upper level and the other tray on the lower level), do i need to interchange the tray position after some time to get an even bake?

i found that for my baking oven which has the heating element at the top & the bottom part, the top part of the cookies at the upper tray is brownish and the bottom part of the cookies seems whitish like under cook. whereas, the top part of the cookies at the lower tray is whitish and the bottom part of the cookies seems burned. what is the solution for this?

Reaction score
Personally when I have to put in two trays I interchange the trays, usually when the top tray is getting to that goldish colour that's when I switch the trays. You will then notice that the tray that was initially at the top will be ready prior to the other tray. Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
I do this as well. Even when I only have 1 tray, I will usually rotate the tray from front to back midway through baking, just to ensure even baking. It's a lot nicer when everything is equally cooked, and nothing is raw or scorched.

Ask a Question