Hello

Reaction score
I may have been here on this site before, because I see that I have about 6 messages. Anyway...

My main interest is in Filipino baking products. I am a 66 year old American, living in South Carolina. I was in the US Navy for over 20 years as a cook/baker on submarines. I am married to a Filipina for over 45 years. I was once stationed in the US Naval Station, Subic in the early 1980’s.
My family and I used to travel back to the Philippines every two to three years until COVID-19.
I am an avid baker that bakes a lot of Filipino pastry and breads. For instance, I bake Pandesals, Ensaymadas, Piononos, and Mamon. I have also baked Monay bread. I bake from my home and either give or sell to my friends and family. I have a dough mixer that I rebuilt about 11 years ago. It is a Hobart A200, 20 quart mixer. With it I can produce about 12 dozen pandesal in one batch. I can also produce up to 10 dozen ensaymada in one batch. I also have two electric ranges on my screened-in porch.
I have recipes that I have developed or modified over the years. I will not say that I am a "professional" baker, but I have baked in some hotel bakeshops and other places. I am currently retired and enjoy baking when people request products from me. I don't have any questions at this point. Maybe in the future I would like to compare other's recipes to mine. Enjoy!!!

Ask a Question