Hi everyone!

Reaction score
Hi guys! My name is Sam. I'm a 23-year-old self-employed/freelance artist from Pennsylvania. My partner works outside of the home (in a lab growing muscle cells, haha), and that means I generally get tasked with keeping things at home straight. I do most of the cooking, cleaning, etc.

We are both vegan, and since going vegan a year ago one of my greatest challenges has been converting recipes that we knew and loved into vegan-acceptable forms, and I've had success in some areas and failures with others, and in the process have learned quite a bit about the chemistry of baking. I'm hoping that I can be of some use to other users in that regard while picking up new information that'll help my own attempts, so hello!

Our favorite things to bake (and eat, haha) are definitely bite-sized things like cookies, cupcakes, etc. We have a fantastic farmer's market in the city and I want to make better use of their fruits and stuff this year (and also whatever vegetables and things we manage to conjure up in our own garden this year -- we always seem to wind up with a surplus of zucchini and zucchini-bread just wasn't cutting it after a while, so I'm hoping to come across some creative ideas here too for THAT sort of problem, haha!)

Anyway, hello again and nice to meet everyone!

Reaction score
Hello and welcome aboard Sam! :)

Looking forward to reading about your vegan culinary adventures - one of my friends is vegan and another can't eat eggs so I'm always on the look out for recipes.

Ask a Question